Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Hockey (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/hockey-332/)
-   -   Bruins game - Exciting (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/hockey-332/bruins-game-exciting-79375/)

AriaGrandparents2013 06-06-2013 07:33 AM

Bruins game - Exciting

What an outstanding hockey game last night between the Boston Bruins and Pittsburgh Penguins. Jaromir Jagr's play to retain possession of the puck that setup the winning Bruins goal in double overtime was an outstanding play.

Looking forward to the next game on Friday.

AriaGrandparents2013 06-06-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AriaGrandparents2013 (Post 687682)
What an outstanding hockey game last night between the Boston Bruins and Pittsburgh Penguins. Jaromir Jagr's play to retain possession of the puck that setup the winning Bruins goal in double overtime was an outstanding play.

Looking forward to the next game on Friday.

There has to be a few hockey fans that thought the game was well played regardless of your allegiance and outcome of the game.....?

kbace6 06-06-2013 09:29 AM

I'm only mildly ashamed. I went to bed after regulation and just assumed the way the Pens were playing they would win in OT. I figured it was a win-win if I woke up and found out the "B's" won. Yippee! Win-win for me!

davecz1 06-06-2013 10:03 AM

:a040::bigbow:Great game!! Would have enjoyed it regardless of final score. That being said, enjoyed it much more because the BRUINS WON!!!!!!

tkret 06-06-2013 10:31 AM

Stayed up for the double overtime and, yes, very exciting. As a Hawks fan, I'm looking forward to a Bruins-Blackhawks final.

zcaveman 06-06-2013 10:51 AM

I fell asleep in the second OT. Glad to see the Bruins do it. Now can they make it a sweep?

Z

schmitty 06-06-2013 10:57 AM

And I thought there weren't any hockey fans in the Villages. Glad to see there are a few of us out there. Looking forward to the Stanley Cup finals, but not looking forward to the end of the season. I'd like to find a group who would be interested in going to some games in Tampa Bay on the weekends when the season starts again. Probably not enough of us to start a club, but I would join that group if one was organized. Go Blackhawks !!!

Buffalo Jim 06-06-2013 11:59 AM

It was a GREAT GAME and an excellent example of how exciting play-off hockey can be .
Both teams were flying and holding nothing back .

I grew up along the border of Ontario and Quebec on the US side . Hockey was pretty much our most popular sport . We have had high quality high school hockey going back over 60 years .

It would be great to meet some fellow serious hockey fans and start a club . Also I would be interested in trying to " play ? " again . Not so sure I can bend over to tie my skates :)

Mudder 06-06-2013 12:40 PM

Get the brooms out for the next and hopefully the final game !!

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 06-06-2013 12:48 PM

I stayed up through the end. It was indeed one of the greatest hockey games I've ever seen.
I thought that the Penguins outplayed the Bruins for most of regulation and Rask kept the Bruins in the game. But the Bruins looked much better in the two OT periods. I came away thinking that the Bruins players are in better condition. Even the 41 year old Jaromir Jagr was still flying in the second OT. the Penguin's players looked tired.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 06-06-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudder (Post 687876)
Get the brooms out for the next and hopefully the final game !!

I'm not ready to get so cocky. Although I am cautiously optimistic, I remember three years ago when the Bruins were up 3-0 and lost the series. The Penguins are an excellent hockey team and played the Bruins very tough last night. I'm thinking that the Bruins will probably win one of the two games in Boston, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the series go back to Pittsburgh either.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 06-06-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkret (Post 687792)
Stayed up for the double overtime and, yes, very exciting. As a Hawks fan, I'm looking forward to a Bruins-Blackhawks final.

That would be great. I'd love to see two of the original six in the finals. To this day it just seems weird to have a team from Los Angeles, Texas or North Carolina as Stanley Cup Champions.

Scoops 06-06-2013 01:47 PM

It sounds like I am the only Pens fan on this site. Admittedly, both are great hockey teams. Bruins outplayed Pittsburgh in the last three games but it was great seeing some very exciting hockey with everything left on the ice during the third period of last night's game. I loved seeing the great saves and the end to end hockey.

I am one of those fans that was gone to Tampa to see Pittsburgh play the Bolts. I would like to see a hockey fan club form here. GO PENS!

gocubsgo 06-06-2013 02:07 PM

I've been watching my Blackhawks and I am impressed with their stamina. They have been playing hard and taking games I thought for sure we lost! Go Hawks!!

Bosoxfan 06-06-2013 04:26 PM

go

bruins!!!