Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Hockey (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/hockey-332/)
-   -   Calling all Bruins Fans (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/hockey-332/calling-all-bruins-fans-80268/)

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 06-17-2013 10:12 PM

Calling all Bruins Fans

How about meeting up at one of the local establishments to watch these final few games together and trade stories about Bobby, Phil, Derek and Cheesy.

What would be a good place that has a big screen television?

Bosoxfan 06-17-2013 10:31 PM

Id love to but I work nights... Go Bruins! !!!♡

misky 06-18-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr (Post 693868)
How about meeting up at one of the local establishments to watch these final few games together and trade stories about Bobby, Phil, Derek and Cheesy.

What would be a good place that has a big screen television?

I'm in. But sure where to go.

Buffalo Jim 06-20-2013 10:55 AM

Not much action on this site Hockey Fans . Where did everyone go ?

If anyone would like to meet up to watch the next game --- regardless of which team you might be pulling for please drop me a note .

schmitty 06-20-2013 11:38 AM

Buffalo Jim - I'm still here. Decided to wait until the Stanley Cup is over and then get in touch with those hockey fans that were interested in trying to get a hockey group together for next season. If you're interested and haven't already contacted me, please pm me.

Mallory 06-20-2013 01:02 PM

O'Shea's is Blackhawk territory.

Buffalo Jim 06-20-2013 05:01 PM

O`Sheas would be a great place to gather . They have a huge bar area -- even does a 90 degree turn into a very large room and has great TVs every few feet . A group of us [ hockey fans ] could virtually " own the place " for the game .
I simply love hockey . When it comes to " The Cup " I don`t care who is playing as much as I look forward to GREAT HOCKEY .
Surely we should all be able to have a fun time no matter our team . yes ? What say Ye?

Mallory 06-24-2013 10:53 PM

I forgot. Where are the Bruins fans gathering for Game 7?

tkret 06-24-2013 11:07 PM

Fantastic victory by the Hawks. The greatest Stanley Cup Final EVER!

Schaumburger 06-25-2013 12:42 AM

Lord Stanley's Cup has come back to the Windy City. Congratulations to the Chicago Blackhawks!

It is 40 minutes after midnight, and the Chicago television news stations are still showing crowds celebrating outside of the United Center and on Clark Street near Wrigley Field. :smiley:

Bosoxfan 06-25-2013 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mallory (Post 697399)
I forgot. Where are the Bruins fans gathering for Game 7?

Is this supposed to be humorous...Class act!!

kevmo 06-25-2013 09:52 AM

I believe Mallory's post was when the game was 1 -1 after 2 periods and the home team appeared to be on the verge of sending the series back to the windy city. Never say die Blackhawks bring it home for Chicago! Awesome Stanley Cup Series with 2 of the original 6!!

gocubsgo 06-25-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schaumburger (Post 697405)
Lord Stanley's Cup has come back to the Windy City. Congratulations to the Chicago Blackhawks!

It is 40 minutes after midnight, and the Chicago television news stations are still showing crowds celebrating outside of the United Center and on Clark Street near Wrigley Field. :smiley:

It would be awesome to be there, wouldn't it? Parade Fri AM on WGN. Congrats to my hawks! What a final 17 seconds!!!!!

Mallory 06-25-2013 02:50 PM

No, Mallory's post was after we had won back the Cup. I'd post a video but don't want to hurt the feelings of Bruins fans.

Schaumburger 06-26-2013 07:04 AM

For the Blackhawks fans in The Villages, Patrick Kane is supposed to be on David Letterman tonight (Wednesday, 6/26).

The Stanley Cup has been on tour of Chicago since Tuesday morning. Television news crews have filmed the Stanley Cup traveling to several watering holes in Chicago.