Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Where are you from? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/where-you-8068/)

Talk Host 12-02-2006 03:06 PM

Where are you from?

Somebody said that Florida was the state that contibutes the greatest number of new residents to The Villages. I meet alot of people from Ohio and Michigan. Where are your from? Please register and tell us.

JLK :welcome:

Kevin 12-03-2006 12:55 PM

Re: Where are you from?

We're from Randolph, Ma. and Wilmington, NC

Is there anyone else from our home towns?

Talk Host 12-03-2006 01:37 PM

Did you ever eat at a restaurant called "A Touch of Italy" in Randolph?

jidisi 12-03-2006 05:37 PM

We are from Wyomissing, PA, anyone else out there???

Kevin 12-03-2006 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan Kokochak
Did you ever eat at a restaurant called "A Touch of Italy" in Randolph?

Yes about 9 years ago. Then we moved to Wilmington, NC.

amityk 12-07-2006 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jidisi

Where is Wyomissing Pa? I grew up in NYS and I was curious what part of PA this is located in.
amityk

lorry 12-08-2006 09:08 PM

Hi, I'm from Bloomington, IN. Go IU! Hardly ever meet anyone from old Bloominggulch. Are you out there?

Lorraine

happydays 01-25-2007 10:01 AM

Jack Rubin here, while my wife Betty, is doing a cross stiching project in the other room. We started out in Coraopolis/Sewickley, PA. Both towns are about 10 miles North of Pittsburgh. Moved to Columbus, OH in 1970, then onto Wilmington, DE in 1973, back to Columbus, OH in 1989, then back to DE in 1991. We have lived in The Villages since Oct. 1994. Needless to say, we just love it here. This life style is easy to get used to.

Go Steelers
happydays@steelerfans.net

rochyrams59 01-26-2007 08:00 PM

Glen and Marian Shanor here since 1999. Born and raised in Rochester, Pa, built first house in Center Twp in 1966, (Monaca, Pa), sold it and moved to North Sewickley Twp in 1971 (Beaver Falls), transferred to (Westinghouse) Fayetteville, NC in 1981, transferred to Asheville, NC in 1983, transferred to (Eaton Corp, Business Buyout) Milwaukee, WI in 1995, transferred back to Asheville, NC in 1996, Transferred back to Milwaukee, WI in 1997, then declined a transfer to the Dominican Republic in 1999 and decided to retire instead. The Villages is a great place to live although it getting too large for me, not sure I can adapt to the crowds at this time.

Talk Host 01-26-2007 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rochyrams59
Glen and Marian Shanor here since 1999. Born and raised in Rochester, Pa, built first house in Center Twp in 1966, (Monaca, Pa), sold it and moved to North Sewickley Twp in 1971 (Beaver Falls), transferred to (Westinghouse) Fayetteville, NC in 1981, transferred to Asheville, NC in 1983, transferred to (Eaton Corp, Business Buyout) Milwaukee, WI in 1995, transferred back to Asheville, NC in 1996, Transferred back to Milwaukee, WI in 1997, then declined a transfer to the Dominican Republic in 1999 and decided to retire instead. The Villages is a great place to live although it getting too large for me, not sure I can adapt to the crowds at this time.

I worked at WBVP radio in Beaver Falls back in the 60s. I roomed in Monaca at a home owned by an elderly lady whose son was a Monaca policeman. Her name was Kalervo. The sons name was Lolli Kalervo (or Kolervo) Mrs. Kalervo's husband died, but had a great bunch of antique cars in the basement of their house. She left them exactly as they were when he died. They were in mint condition and covered with dust.

LovinItAtTheVillages 01-30-2007 07:56 PM

:arrow: :click: to see where Im from.................OOOPS :joke: just kidding Im gonna tell you..
We are from Cape Cod Massachusetts..hubby David retired from :cop: Police Dept in 2001..we moved to Merritt Island Florida in 2003, then when we lost my parents in 2005 we sold that house and bought one here in The Villages ...and we also have a home on Cape Cod..Hyannis..and spend summers up there mostly beaching..and riding the Harley....we love it here..just starting to spread our wings and meet people..
the forums have helped with that......nice way to get people connecting ;D

MCCoene 01-31-2007 12:47 PM

HI ... I'm Chris. Although I grew up in Punxsutawney, PA (home of the infamous Punxsy Phil!), I moved to Rochester, NY after college, where I met my husband John. We raised our family there, a very nice city BTW, and when we decided we didn't like the wind chill and snow any longer, we decided to move here. Although we've only been here since Sept 06, we love it here. John retired from Kodak and I'm retired from Wegmans. Any other Rochesterians down here?

judylou 02-03-2007 09:04 AM

We are from a little town in Michigan called Petersburg. It is off of US-23 just about nine miles north of Toledo, Ohio. We were born and raised in Toledo and then moved to the country about 34 years ago. We still have our home in Michigan and we love it there but we also love the Villages. We stay here about seven months and then go home. It is the best of both worlds. I would love to meet and talk to anyone from Michigan or Ohio.

elcid 02-04-2007 02:15 PM

We came to the Villages from Singer Island, FL - Via Glens Falls, NY, Frostburg, Md, Fairfax, VA and 20 years traveling in the Navy. Looking forward to life here in the Villages.

gingersmom 02-07-2007 11:18 AM

I'm from Pasadena, Texas which is like a suburb of Houston, but it has about 250,000 people. Anyone from Texas? I really miss good resturants and good beef. Anyone know of a meat market or supermarket that sells black angus beef? My husband hails from Long Island originally but he lived in Texas for 30 years. He retired in 2004 as a police officer.

SusieQ 02-07-2007 09:35 PM

We are from Grand Blanc, MI

pgilson 02-08-2007 09:07 AM

We are from Dexter, Michigan. Dexter is 10 miles NW of Ann Arbor. This is our 5th winter here and we love it.

mike1472 02-08-2007 09:15 PM

Toronto, Ontario, Canada......

Karen 02-08-2007 09:42 PM

We are from New Windsor, NY in the Hudson Valley.

larrydube 02-09-2007 11:04 AM

Sunny Saco, ME here :bigthumbsup:

Talk Host 02-09-2007 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen
We are from New Windsor, NY in the Hudson Valley.

Windsor....Hudson Valley? Is that the same Windsor between Occanum and Damascus? Is that the Hudson Valley or is that the Susquehanna Valley? ;D

amityk 02-12-2007 10:00 AM

Harpursville NY

Donna 04-15-2007 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jidisi

Originally from Brooklyn,NY then to Staten Island, NY... now living in Pocono's, Pa..Can't wait to move there permanently..My husband has been a native of Pa. all his life.. :)

samhass 04-15-2007 04:09 PM

We're from Green Lane (Montgomery County) Pa. We still go back and forth between here and the Villages.
We love living in The Villages and spend most of our time there. Our neighbors are wonderful. It's such a happy place!

sammie223 04-28-2007 08:00 AM

We are from the Finger Lakes Region in NYS and spend the summers back there on Skaneateles Lake. My husband is originally from the Bronx; we met in college in Buffalo and moved to Chicago-land (suburbs) for 23 years before retiring to Central NY. The cold, snowy winters have brought us down to Florida and The Villages.

Laura 04-30-2007 08:32 PM

We are from Lebanon, Connecticut! Southeast of Hartford, and near Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun.
We love The Villages especially central Florida's weather! 8)

bargee 05-01-2007 02:20 PM

Born in New Haven Connecticut.Worked for Southern New England Telephone Co.(40 yrs)Transfered 30years ago to Norwich Ct.and lived in PrestonCt.Came down to The Villages in 2000.We still go back to Ct.in the summer and live at Lone Oak Campground in East Canaan Ct.

abracadabra 05-09-2007 06:28 PM

Born in Keene, N.H.; moved to The Villages from Boston.

Talk Host 05-09-2007 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abracadabra

When you moved out of Keene, was there anybody left there? ;D

Rokinronda 05-12-2007 02:15 PM

Beautiful famous Narragansett Beach, Rhode Island. We miss it, but being closer to our granddaughter here in Florida is well worth it. We could not afford to keep our home in RI. The Villages is the only other place we would rather be. We adore the landscaping, conveniences, and the entertainment!!! We can easily visit Florida beaches, and do so quite often.

Talk Host 05-13-2007 05:41 AM

Quote:

Is there something about Keene that I don't know about? Have you ever been there? I saw the "smiley" face, but didn't get the "joke".

Yes, I have been to Keene. As you know it is considered a small town with a little over 22 thousand people. My comment was intended to convey that since you left, the town is even smaller, and the smiley face was to indicate that the comment was made with good nature.

villagera1 05-15-2007 07:21 PM

I'm from Menominee Michigan! YES I'm a packer fan.

islandgal 05-16-2007 04:25 PM

Native of Richmond, VA. Moved here in 2006 after 15 years in Hilton Head Island, SC
Anyone here from Richmond or Hilton Head?

Carla 05-19-2007 07:19 AM

I am from "Down The Shore" in Monmouth County NJ, Wall Township to be exact and my husband is from Philadelphia, Pa.

iaudit 05-23-2007 06:31 AM

I am from the Lehigh Valley in Pennsylvania, about fifty miles north of Philadelphia and fifty miles south of the Poconos. The Delaware River and New Jersey is only about ten miles to the east. My wife is a native of the Philadelphia area (Darby, Broomall in Delaware County). We have just bought in the Villages, spent about a week there so far and are looking forward to retirement next year. For now, we will spend the summer in the villages and return next year after the holidays.

darbyduff 05-23-2007 04:38 PM

Last 40 years in Aurora Colorado... but originally from

Duluth Minnesota... anyone from Duluth?

Faith 05-23-2007 09:31 PM

Quote:

I am from Stratham, N H. Miss it!

GABOY 05-29-2007 05:19 AM

:bigthumbsup:americus ga here

Bobbie2836 06-13-2007 04:56 PM

I'm from Michigan - lots of towns: Quincy, Muskegon, Central Lake.
Bobbie
:clap2:

jawoodling 06-18-2007 05:08 PM

I am from Wiconisco (I bet no one knows where that is at) PA, then Sunbury, PA, Vestal NY, Mint Hill (suburb of Charlotte) NC and FINALLY The Villages. Have been here since 1998 and watched us grow!!!