Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About pets (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-pets-120/)
-   -   Pet Hospital at Colony Plaza (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-pets-120/pet-hospital-colony-plaza-81341/)

geri317 06-30-2013 05:19 PM

Pet Hospital at Colony Plaza

Has anyone heard when the Colony Plaza pet hospital will open. It looks like it is finished and ready to roll.

GeoGeo 07-05-2013 10:59 AM

They unofficially opened on Monday and are taking new patients. They are open M-F 8-5 and Sat 8-1.

Didiwinbob 07-05-2013 08:26 PM

Great!

MaryAnneW 07-19-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeoGeo (Post 703129)
They unofficially opened on Monday and are taking new patients. They are open M-F 8-5 and Sat 8-1.

We are new customers there and love Dr. Drum and his staff. We have a small dog.

Peggy D 07-19-2013 02:02 PM

What is their phone number?

Thanks

MaryAnneW 07-24-2013 07:51 PM

(352) 633-7327 Dr. Steven Drum @ Colony Plaza

Love2cruise 07-24-2013 08:54 PM

Someone told me their prices are twice the cost of other vets because they have to pay the villages for being there. Those of you,that have gone there how do you think their prices compare to other vets?

DianeM 07-24-2013 08:55 PM

Fantastic news. Close enough to home for my furry friends.

jblum315 07-25-2013 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Love2cruise (Post 713951)
Someone told me their prices are twice the cost of other vets because they have to pay the villages for being there. Those of you,that have gone there how do you think their prices compare to other vets?

Would like to know

kittygilchrist 07-25-2013 06:46 AM

Yesterday I backed out of the garage where kitty sleeps. (He would be allowed to stay in the house but has toileting issues) He has always, for 15 years run when the car starts and he always got out of the way until yesterday when he did not. I ran over his rear, took him to Colony, was seen immediately, got xrays, pain meds, diagnosis, and info that the fracture was above the knee, not good and probably no internal damage but a possible ruptured bladder. Dr. Drum referred me to UF Vet school and had them expecting me when I arrived, cd with the exray in hand.
Raul the kitty stayed there overnight and should have surgery today. I miss the little guy. He's going enjoy the pampering when it quits hurting.
The bill was about $340.

GeoGeo 07-25-2013 07:57 AM

kittygilchrist,

So sorry to hear about Raul. I'm glad that UF was able to do surgery. Hope everything turns out okay.

gomoho 07-25-2013 08:56 AM

Kitty - I know how bad you must feel. Hope surgery goes well for Raul and I'm sure his homecoming will be special. Glad to hear you were happy with the new vet!

janieb 07-25-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittygilchrist (Post 714009)
Yesterday I backed out of the garage where kitty sleeps. (He would be allowed to stay in the house but has toileting issues) He has always, for 15 years run when the car starts and he always got out of the way until yesterday when he did not. I ran over his rear, took him to Colony, was seen immediately, got xrays, pain meds, diagnosis, and info that the fracture was above the knee, not good and probably no internal damage but a possible ruptured bladder. Dr. Drum referred me to UF Vet school and had them expecting me when I arrived, cd with the exray in hand.
Raul the kitty stayed there overnight and should have surgery today. I miss the little guy. He's going enjoy the pampering when it quits hurting.
The bill was about $340.

That's so sad, glad that he will be alright. Wonder if his hearing is going. I love love love my back-up beepers and camera however hard to know if they would have helped in your situation because he may have been under the car

mac9 07-25-2013 09:14 AM

I don't want to beat you up, but how could you not check where the cat is before moving the car particularly since you have banished him from the house?

DianeM 07-25-2013 12:36 PM

Oh Kitty such sad news. Glad that he seems as if he will be ok and that you were able to get immediate care for him. Seems as if the new Vet opened up just in time. Give your baby a hug and a special treat when he gets home.