Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Is there a particular store or restaurant that you would like to see here? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/there-particular-store-restaurant-you-would-like-see-here-8216/)

Talk Host 01-30-2007 10:24 AM

Is there a particular store or restaurant that you would like to see here?

Have you ever heard of Wegman's? It is a monster suprmarket from a company out of Rochester NY. They are all around the east and south east. Would love to have one here.

How about you......?

gingersmom 01-30-2007 12:48 PM

Re: Is there a particular store or restaurant that you would like to see here?

I would love to see a Macys or another department store. JC Penny's would be nice.

LovinItAtTheVillages 01-30-2007 04:08 PM

Well if we are making a wish list..Id like a Villages Mall..which would include all the big stores..Macy's,Dillards,and JC Penny
Marshalls is fun, and a Best Buy..A.C. Moore Crafts or Joanne Fabrics..
restaurants Id like is a DUNKIN DONUTS on the Spanish Springs side
and a good COAL OVEN Pizza place..would be good
:)

Talk Host 01-30-2007 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LovinItAtTheVillages
Well if we are making a wish list..Id like a Villages Mall..which would include all the big stores..Macy's,Dillards,and JC Penny
Marshalls is fun, and a Best Buy..A.C. Moore Crafts or Joanne Fabrics..
restaurants Id like is a DUNKIN DONUTS on the Spanish Springs side
and a good COAL OVEN Pizza place..would be good
:)

You don't hold back do you? ;D

LovinItAtTheVillages 01-30-2007 07:48 PM

:bigthumbsup: Nope...dont get anywhere if you hold back! I figure if we are wishing for places..may as well name em all :joke:
It gets old having to go wayyyyyyy over other side to get a good cup'o coffee...back on Cape Cod we have Dunkin Donuts all over town!

PJ 02-01-2007 07:53 PM

Yes I'd like to see a Trader Joe's! Please....
Also a Calico Corners Outlet would be great. Or any other fabric store such as Joanns. We have hardly anyplace to find fabric or supplies here.
Also a Hobby Lobby or Michaels or other craft store would be welcome. :welcome:

judylou 02-01-2007 10:00 PM

I would like to see an Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Lone Star, Texas Roadhouse, Shells, Sweet Tomato, Kohls, JC Pennys, Fashion Bug, Lane Bryant, a quilting shop and a Dairy Queen or Dunkin Doughnuts on the Spanish Spring side.

LovinItAtTheVillages 02-01-2007 10:19 PM

:click:if you want a Dunkin Donuts on Spanish Springs side...oh just kidding...clicking wont do much..we all need to write to DD headquarters and tell them they need to push for one here!!

Talk Host 02-02-2007 06:44 AM

I think DQ is a franchise opportunity. Find somebody who is willing to put up the money and they will open one. There was one near the hospital until recently and it closed.
Am I correct on that?

johnfarr 02-02-2007 07:07 AM

I miss Costco....

elcid 02-04-2007 02:06 PM

We like Costco as well. Would also like to see a Manhattan Bagel - they have the best bagels, as well as sandwiches and pastries.

gingersmom 02-07-2007 11:14 AM

I heard a rumor a while ago that Olive Garden and Red Lobster were going in next to Brusters by Mulberry Rec Center. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

Talk Host 02-07-2007 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingersmom
I heard a rumor a while ago that Olive Garden and Red Lobster were going in next to Brusters by Mulberry Rec Center. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

It so happens that I have an acquaintanceship with a land owner in that strip and he told me three weeks ago that NONE of the land has been committed. He said that when he bought his land three years ago, he was told by the real estate company that a whole list of fine businesses were going in there, but it turned out to be not the case.

SusieQ 02-07-2007 09:34 PM

I would love to have a Costco, Trader Joe's and a Dillards!

amityk 02-12-2007 09:56 AM

MIchael's or AC Moore