Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Music (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-music-337/)
-   -   Rolling Stone and Stevie Wonder (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-music-337/rolling-stone-stevie-wonder-82746/)

chachacha 07-17-2013 12:49 PM

Rolling Stone and Stevie Wonder

is anyone else tired of some in the entertainment industry using their fans to propagate their radical views? seeing a "glam" shot of the boston bomber on the cover of Rolling Stone was a disgrace. And as for Stevie Wonder, if he wants to boycott Florida, i say farewell and God speed. i hope no floridian buys another of his songs! people who have success paid for by people of all ideologies should keep their radical views to themselves.

DougB 07-17-2013 01:32 PM

I've never in my life bought a Stevie Wonder recording or a Rolling Stone (well except the one with Ann and Nancy Wilson on the cover) so I say no big deal.

senior citizen 07-17-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chachacha (Post 709711)
is anyone else tired of some in the entertainment industry using their fans to propagate their radical views? seeing a "glam" shot of the boston bomber on the cover of Rolling Stone was a disgrace. And as for Stevie Wonder, if he wants to boycott Florida, i say farewell and God speed. i hope no floridian buys another of his songs! people who have success paid for by people of all ideologies should keep their radical views to themselves.

Excellent post.

All of those with ties to Boston would echo exactly what you say above.

Plus they printed such a flattering photo, making him look like some holy man, which he was far from..........definitely not a peace loving guy....ruined so many lives........for no good reason.

I predict he will spend the rest of his life in the Super Max Prison in Florence Colorado where he can hang his one "pin up" portrait on his itsy bitsy cell wall, if they allow that.

DougB 07-17-2013 01:40 PM

:mademyday:
Quote:

Originally Posted by senior citizen (Post 709745)
Excellent post.

All of those with ties to Boston would echo exactly what you say above.

Plus they printed such a flattering photo, making him look like some holy man, which he was far from..........definitely not a peace loving guy....ruined so many lives........for no good reason.

Holy man, I think not. More of a Jim Morrison look! Well ok, holy man will fit.

senior citizen 07-17-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougB (Post 709748)
:mademyday:

Holy man, I think not. More of a Jim Morrison look! Well ok, holy man will fit.

His face looked so placid and peaceable........deceivingly so.

Again, I predict he will spend the rest of his life in the Super Max Prison in Florence Colorado............where he can hang that portrait in his tiny cell.

JP 07-17-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by senior citizen (Post 709751)
His face looked so placid and peaceable........deceivingly so.

Again, I predict he will spend the rest of his life in the Super Max Prison in Florence Colorado............where he can hang that portrait in his tiny cell.

I think he will last less than a year in prison. Someone will take him out.

ewstanley 07-17-2013 06:12 PM

Agreed

Quote:

I agree!

janmcn 07-17-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

And now Bruce Springsteen has jumped on the bandwagon. He probably won't be invited to perform in The Villages.

Bruce Springsteen Dedicates "American Skin (41 Shots)" To The U.S. "For Justice For Trayvon Martin" | ThinkProgress

rjn5656 07-17-2013 07:53 PM

who cares if stevie wonder never performs in florida.

JP 07-17-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjn5656 (Post 709969)
who cares if stevie wonder never performs in florida.

The way I feel, even if these entertainers came to Florida, I'm not going to their shows. Entertainers should stay out of politics. It limits their audiences and a lot of times you can never enjoy them again. What a shame.

coralway 07-17-2013 08:14 PM

Some folks call it freedom of the press. Yes, it is allowed.

If you don't like Rolling Stone ............ DON'T READ IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mac9 07-17-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JP (Post 709983)
The way I feel, even if these entertainers came to Florida, I'm not going to their shows. Entertainers should stay out of politics. It limits their audiences and a lot of times you can never enjoy them again. What a shame.

How well I agree! Shame that no one told that to Mr. Reagan.

mac9 07-17-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

That Stevie Wonder...such a radical!

l2ridehd 07-18-2013 05:03 AM

If we all voted with our spending, this might change the way they think. I cut up my Capital One card because of their celebrity advertiser. I will never buy a Stevie Wonder ticket even though I think he is a great entertainer. I ever did buy rolling stone so they lose nothing. I have in the past gone to see Bruce Springston, but will pass going forward.

So Chachacha, I agree:BigApplause:

al & jane 07-18-2013 05:28 AM

I can already see naive and impressionable young people wearing t shirts with that picture on it thinking he is a "cool" guy, much like they do Che Guevara, another mass murderer.