Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Blinds & Shutters (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/blinds-shutters-263/)
-   -   48 hour blinds..Can I get a refund please? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/blinds-shutters-263/48-hour-blinds-can-i-get-refund-please-82772/)

kittygilchrist 07-17-2013 06:29 PM

48 hour blinds..Can I get a refund please?

1 Attachment(s)
As you can see, I ordered blinds (not blinds, shutters) on April 22.
I have been waiting for 87 days for my shutters.
I wish this was a joke.
:ohdear: 48 hours??? I'm almost to 3 months...

pooh 07-17-2013 06:37 PM

That does seem a long time. Blinds or shutters, Kitty? Have you called? What company if blinds, where made if shutters? Surely someone has an answer....hopefully!

kittygilchrist 07-17-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooh (Post 709935)
That does seem a long time. Blinds or shutters, Kitty? Have you called? What company if blinds, where made if shutters? Surely someone has an answer....hopefully!

Hi Pooh,
not blinds, shutters. I made the correction to the op, thanks... I was told it would be a 30 day wait. But the shutters were ordered in the wrong color. It was implied that I probably actually ordered the color they delivered, until I pointed out that the one non-special order blind for the garage was delivered in the correct color.

Ya know, about calling, they never answer the phone. A couple of weeks ago they said my blinds were here, set an appt and then called me on appt day to say there was a mix up, that that was someone else's order, and they said mine would be in next week, now last week....

I just want my deposit back. I expect a business to take initiative without my having to chase them down.
K.

pooh 07-17-2013 07:02 PM

I'm sorry you've had such a problem, Kitty.

Jayhawk 07-17-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittygilchrist (Post 709928)
As you can see, I ordered blinds (not blinds, shutters) on April 22.
I have been waiting for 87 days for my shutters.
I wish this was a joke.
:ohdear: 48 hours??? I'm almost to 3 months...

If you haven't done this already, try an email to Rick, the owner. I sent him emails and he always responded. My blinds were installed right on time and according to my house sitting service (Empty Nest), they are perfect. I'll know for sure when we get back around Labor Day.

Here is his email address:

rick48hrblinds@aol.com

Good luck.

DougB 07-17-2013 07:42 PM

They don't have a place of business? Only available by phone or email?

DianeM 07-17-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougB (Post 709963)
They don't have a place of business? Only available by phone or email?

I thought the same thing. Go there and cause a commotion.

kittygilchrist 07-17-2013 08:15 PM

I've been by there, the shocking pink house with huge advertisements painted on it on 466A near 301, wildwood, a few times. It isn't immediately apparent as you go from this is not the door to this is not the door either, but they do not have a storefront. think I saw a sign there today that they moved...
I used them bc so many people had success with them. So I may be the only one and glad for everybody that's happy. I liked Rick and enjoyed his taking the order.

It would help if there were a storefront (a place to go say what's happening)
someone answering the phone (someone to hear you ask what's happening)
not leaving me clueless when or if my order is still being processed
not to mention delivering the wrong order and setting up an appt w/me to deliver someone else's order.
just too much.

Again, is it just me, thinking that I'm the customer and why should I knock myself out to push through the barriers to contact a business that should be calling me??

kittygilchrist 07-17-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianeM (Post 709986)
I thought the same thing. Go there and cause a commotion.

there's nobody home at the business office, nobody answers the phone.

graciegirl 07-17-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittygilchrist (Post 709988)
I've been by there, the shocking pink house with huge advertisements painted on it on 466A near 301, wildwood, a few times. It isn't immediately apparent as you go from this is not the door to this is not the door either, but they do not have a storefront. think I saw a sign there today that they moved...
I used them bc so many people had success with them. So I may be the only one and glad for everybody that's happy. I liked Rick and enjoyed his taking the order.

It would help if there were a storefront (a place to go say what's happening)
someone answering the phone (someone to hear you ask what's happening)
not leaving me clueless when or if my order is still being processed
not to mention delivering the wrong order and setting up an appt w/me to deliver someone else's order.
just too much.

Again, is it just me, thinking that I'm the customer and why should I knock myself out to push through the barriers to contact a business that should be calling me??

They have a new place of business according to Rick who put in my neighbors blinds last week. Their old one in Wildwood is no longer. I think that there new place is on 441/27 near 466a.

I am sorry he let you down. I think that he is generally a responsible person. Our neighbors were very pleased with their blinds and price. The first owner of the home had no blinds at all. He had every blind hung in the house in less than an hour and they are pleased with the quality.

I am sure he will refund your money.

He is an honest man.

kittygilchrist 07-17-2013 08:45 PM

Gracie, I like Rick but I just can't keep waiting.
I hope folks keep buying blinds, but I can't say ordering shutters is something that went well. I hope not to destroy business for 48 as so many are totally getting what they need and asap.
I'm complaining of not able to contact 48 in person or directly by phone, not happy with delay, and no initiative from 48 to let me know status of an 87 day old order.

I posted because where else could I get service?

DougB 07-17-2013 08:49 PM

Earth to 48 Blinds! Earth to 48 Blinds! Please call Kitty!

kittygilchrist 07-17-2013 08:50 PM

hahaha. yeah, thanks Doug.

maddie101 07-17-2013 08:52 PM

His sister in law, Cindy, has been answering the phone recently. Did you pm him from TOTV? While you shouldn't have to track him down, this might be an alternate way.

kittygilchrist 07-17-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddie101 (Post 710016)
His sister in law, Cindy, has been answering the phone recently. Did you pm him from TOTV? While you shouldn't have to track him down, this might be an alternate way.

Rick, all these great friends on TOTV are helping me find you.
I hope you will give me a refund whenever you get back in touch with what is going on with your blind company.