Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   BEWARE Shipping & Packing PRICE-UPS STORE (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/beware-shipping-packing-price-ups-store-84026/)

Sunnest2522 07-31-2013 05:24 PM

BEWARE Shipping & Packing PRICE-UPS STORE

BEWARE: I went to the UPS Store on Bella Cruz (441) to ship a large painting that I sold on Ebay. They quoted me $133.00 to pack and ship and I knew this was way too much since I have done this before in another State. I went to Pack and Ship on CR101 and shipped it the same way for $78.00. The staff there was extremely nice. I will always use Pack and Ship now.

Trayderjoe 07-31-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunnest2522 (Post 717521)
BEWARE: I went to the UPS Store on Bella Cruz (441) to ship a large painting that I sold on Ebay. They quoted me $133.00 to pack and ship and I knew this was way too much since I have done this before in another State. I went to Pack and Ship on CR101 and shipped it the same way for $78.00. The staff there was extremely nice. I will always use Pack and Ship now.

I am not surprised. I brought something in to ship (value around $75 and not oversized either) and they wanted almost $100. I am not sure if this is a regional thing as I have shipped similar materials at the local UPS store here in Michigan for about 1/2 of what the store on Bella Cruz was charging.

Bogie Shooter 07-31-2013 06:54 PM

If you do your own packing, the cost to ship at Pack & Ship will be higher(sometimes a lot more) than taking it to the post office.

Warren Kiefer 07-31-2013 09:08 PM

They will rip you

Quote:

I once sent a $5 stuffed animal to a great granddaughter. This same UPS store charged me $14 to send it to Illinois. Outragous huh ???
I later discovered this is not really a UPS store operated by UPS. Rather it is little more than a privately owned store that has UPS shipping priviledges. Aparently this store is free to set their own shipping charges.

Reefer 07-31-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 717563)
If you do your own packing, the cost to ship at Pack & Ship will be higher(sometimes a lot more) than taking it to the post office.

As a letter carrier, I have many postal patrons that use Priority Mail "Click & Ship". I use it myself. Very convenient. I print labels right at home, boxes are free, and we'll pick up the packages at your house at no charge with the "carrier pickup" program. It's very easy to set up your account t online. Ask your carrier about it or stop at the PO.

getdul981 07-31-2013 10:01 PM

If you can wrap and pack yourself, the Staples on 441 is a pick-up point for UPS. I don't know if their rates are high or not. I had to send back a printer in a prepaid box and just dropped it off there.

The Buckeyes 08-02-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

So if you shipped it the same way...then you did ship it UPS?

Shirleevee 08-02-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 717563)

Somewhere on TOTV is a thread about the richest people in The Villages and it was Pack & Ship......I think they are very expensive compared to UPS..only stores! JMHO

graciegirl 08-02-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shirleevee (Post 718409)
Somewhere on TOTV is a thread about the richest people in The Villages and it was Pack & Ship......I think they are very expensive compared to UPS..only stores! JMHO

You are right. I use the post office.

Some call me frugal but most call me tight.

TennDrifter 08-02-2013 01:38 PM

Thanks for advice

Quote:

Thanks as I have notiuced that too. Thanks for advice