Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   A Day In The Life of a Villager (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/day-life-villager-8462/)

JohnZ 04-25-2007 03:34 PM

A Day In The Life of a Villager

What's your typical day like here? Habits? We're all creatures of habit.....uh huh. Tell us what you do. I get up around 6:30 AM or so. If my better half hasn't done so already, I make a pot of coffee and hope I have creamer....bummer if we don't. Give critter Val a pet (she's needy in the morn). Take a couple of Advil (or its ilk), walk around, stretch and get the kinks out (more kinks each day that passes). Walk out to the driveway and pick-up the La La paper and the propaganda therein. My spiffy spouse reads that rag...not me (ok...sometimes). I browse the web for news. Check-in to TOTV. Log-on to my employer's intranet to check email. Log-on to my personal email. As 8:00 AM approaches, I'm already doing my engineering thing...working....sheesh. Make phone calls to Europe. A quick kiss and Patty's off to the store to make the best ice cream in town. I toil away until about noon. Lunch....browse fav web sites. Afternoon....make business calls to points on west coast and mid-west. I check-in with Patty regarding plans for dinner.....5 - 6 PM and head over to Publix for dinner fixins. About 7 - 8 PM...dinner...then watch news or fav programs....until eyes get droopy. I'm out about 11 PM....but Patty is out well before then (men have more stamina, I'm convinced....well....maybe). That's my day. Your's is like.....?

JohnZ 04-25-2007 03:35 PM

Re: A Day In The Life of a Villager

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnZ
What's your typical day like here? Habits? We're all creatures of habit.....admit it. Tell us what you do. I get up around 6:30 AM or so. If my better half hasn't done so already, I make a pot of coffee and hope I have creamer....bummer if we don't. Give critter Val a pet (she's needy in the morn). Take a couple of Advil (or its ilk), walk around, stretch and get the kinks out (more kinks each day that passes). Walk out to the driveway and pick-up the La La paper and the propaganda therein. My spiffy spouse reads that rag...not me (ok...sometimes). I browse the web for news. Check-in to TOTV. Log-on to my employer's intranet to check email. Log-on to my personal email. As 8:00 AM approaches, I'm already doing my engineering thing...working....sheesh. Make phone calls to Europe. A quick kiss and Patty's off to the store to make the best ice cream in town. I toil away until about noon. Lunch....browse fav web sites. Afternoon....make business calls to points on west coast and mid-west. I check-in with Patty regarding plans for dinner.....5 - 6 PM and head over to Publix for dinner fixins. About 7 - 8 PM...dinner...then watch news or fav programs....until eyes get droopy. I'm out about 11 PM....but Patty is out well before then (men have more stamina, I'm convinced....well....maybe). That's my day. Your's is like.....?