Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Village Sewage Treatment Plants Stinks (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/village-sewage-treatment-plants-stinks-8479/)

sparky 04-27-2007 07:59 PM

Village Sewage Treatment Plants Stinks

How do the people who live near Bogart golf course put up with the smell? The one near the RV storage off El Camino is bad but the one off Buena Vista near the Village of Liberty Park is real bad.

Kitria 05-06-2007 06:26 PM

Re: Village Sewage Treatment Plants Stinks

My first husband (passed away) was a Wastewater Plant Manager. ALL wastewater facilities have a smell to them!!!!!

I often asked how he could stand the smell. His reply, "What smell?" The staff gets used to the smell after awhile. I never did, having only to visit occassionally.

I would never live near a Wastewater Plant knowing what I know.

laurie51 09-02-2013 09:07 PM

Where are the exact locations of the sewer plants?

Skip 09-02-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurie51 (Post 738310)

At the very end of the sewer lines! :wave:

chuckinca 09-03-2013 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitria (Post 76725)
My first husband (passed away) was a Wastewater Plant Manager. ALL wastewater facilities have a smell to them!!!!!

I often asked how he could stand the smell. His reply, "What smell?" The staff gets used to the smell after awhile. I never did, having only to visit occassionally.

I would never live near a Wastewater Plant knowing what I know.

Some WWTP's are more stinky than others - depends on how good the equipment and operators are.

BobnBev 09-03-2013 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip (Post 738331)
At the very end of the sewer lines! :wave:

Ya think.....:1rotfl::clap2::mademyday:

asianthree 09-03-2013 08:01 AM

so the villages does not make it smell like flowers:1rotfl:

senior citizen 09-03-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurie51 (Post 738310)

Excellent question.

Especially important for those who are thinking of buying a gently used resale home in TV.

Where are these sewer plants and what are they called on the VILLAGES map?

Can anyone give a mapping number so that we can locate them???

kittygilchrist 09-03-2013 08:54 AM

My dad worked at a paper mill and smelled like rotten eggs after work. We said, "It smells like money to me."

billethkid 09-03-2013 09:01 AM

I understand the smell is due to crappy operations!!

btk

graciegirl 09-03-2013 09:06 AM

Even Gary Morse can't make **** disappear.

Jejuca 09-03-2013 09:07 AM

We have friends in Liberty Park and have never noticed a smell. I asked them abut it and they don't smell anything either. The plant is across the street so maybe that makes a difference.
To the OP - did you smell something there?

quirky3 03-05-2014 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by senior citizen (Post 738470)
Excellent question.

Especially important for those who are thinking of buying a gently used resale home in TV.

Where are these sewer plants and what are they called on the VILLAGES map?

Can anyone give a mapping number so that we can locate them???

Looking back on this and similar posts, no one on TOTV has been able to provide a map (or a link to a map) of water/sewer treatment facilities in TV. Is this a secret that only the TV salespeople have the answer to? Please, can someone post some concrete info and a map - thank you.

p.s. please note that I am not debating over whether a certain area stinks or not. I just want a map. :)

Golf-Tinker 03-05-2014 01:42 PM

Leaving Fleming???

Thought you were stuck there for ......

quirky3 03-05-2014 02:26 PM

Yes, I have plans to leave Fleming Island. Thanks for caring. Got a map of the water/sewer treatment facilities in TV?