Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   Front end alignment (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/front-end-alignment-85396/)

Linwood 08-15-2013 05:50 PM

Front end alignment

Where is the best place or who does front end alignments on carts?
already had to replace one tire on My wife's cart in 10 months - the front end is way out!
:)
Thanks

Eddie 08-17-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linwood (Post 726845)
Where is the best place or who does front end alignments on carts?
already had to replace one tire on My wife's cart in 10 months - the front end is way out!
Thanks

What kind of golf cart and year do you have ??

zcaveman 08-17-2013 07:20 PM

I had that problem but the cart was under warranty so I took it to the dealer.

Z

Linwood 08-17-2013 09:42 PM

Front End Alignment

Her cart is a 2012 EZGO

Dealer from whom we purchased it was most unhelpful when trying to get the alignment covered by warranty since we had asked them to align it in March when they had it in the shop - apparently they did not, hence the tire wore completely out - I know I should have been more observant but I was gone for a while taking care of my injured daughter and she put a lot of miles on it while I was gone.

So I am looking for another place -
Thanks

l2ridehd 08-18-2013 06:48 AM

It is actually fairly easy to do yourself. You can get the specs for your cart off the web and do your own. I had a club car in for alignment twice and they never did it right. Finally put on new tires and did it myself with a tape measure and got the toe in perfect, the steering wheel centered, and no more tire wear. Also it used to wander after the shop aligned it, but when I used 3/16 inch toe in that problem was solved as well.

Linwood 08-18-2013 04:47 PM

I guess that is what I'll do, that way I'll know it is right!
Thanks,

zcaveman 08-24-2013 02:51 PM

I took mine to EZGO when it was on 441 and they did a good job. However, I heard that the mechanic at the EZGO in the Palms square quit and the new mechanic is not that good. I was not pleased with my last checkup at that establishment so it will probably be my last..

However, I would think that the mechanics in the dealerships should be qualified to do an alignment. Don't they have to have a certificate or pass some kind of test?

Z

KBusch 08-24-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zcaveman (Post 732448)
I took mine to EZGO when it was on 441 and they did a good job. However, I heard that the mechanic at the EZGO in the Palms square quit and the new mechanic is not that good. I was not pleased with my last checkup at that establishment so it will probably be my last..

However, I would think that the mechanics in the dealerships should be qualified to do an alignment. Don't they have to have a certificate or pass some kind of test?

Z

Unfortunately, it might say "golf cars" on the outside, but that doesn't mean they know golf cars on the inside. The only test they have to pass is turn a wrench.