Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   BURYING ST. JOSEPH????? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/burying-st-joseph-8590/)

darbyduff 06-12-2007 02:02 PM

BURYING ST. JOSEPH?????

I was just told by my nail lady (and we know they know EVERYTHING) that if you bury a stature of St Joseph (now don't laugh) "upside down" in your front yard, then you will sell your home in a couple of weeks.

Before you slide off your chairs laughing....Others told me the same thing.....

Has anyone out there heard that "tale"???

A friend said she heard the same thing from a Realtor and swears that it works!

As you can tell, I'm willing to try ANYTHING!

elcid 06-12-2007 02:20 PM

Re: BURYING ST. JOSEPH?????

I hate to be the bearer of bad news darbyduff, but we were told that as well, by more than one person, and being desperate to sell and relocate here in the Villages we finally relocated and are still waiting for the house to sell. That was over a year ago.

KiwanisofWildwood 06-12-2007 02:36 PM

Actually I saw this reported on national news. Not that it works, but that there were people doing it. In fact, someone had a business selling little statuettes for burial.

Sorry, but I cannot imagine anyone believing such a thing!

villages07 06-12-2007 05:01 PM

I heard about it and bought a small, inexpensive statuette off the internet and buried it according to instructions last August. Alas, St Joe is still staring at the "For Sale" sign so he hasn't worked any magic for me.

darbyduff 06-12-2007 07:04 PM

Thanks.... at least I know (and others know) that I wasn't going nutty!!!

Maybe by just writing to the Talk of the Villages, it's going to bring me good luck. As I was reading the response's, my husband to me we have a showing on our house tomorrow!!!!!!

Wish me luck. :bigthumbsup:

And El Cid... I am very sorry your home hasn't sold. I wish we could afford to just buy down in the Villages even if our house doesn't sell, but ...................

designdiva46 06-13-2007 01:24 PM

I tried burying the statue in NC before we moved here and our home sold in 2 weeks!!!

darbyduff 06-13-2007 02:24 PM

WOW!

How long was it on the market before it sold? Ours has been on the market since the first of April! We live in Colorado and are trying to move to the Villages!! 8)

Mary Lou 06-26-2007 02:01 PM

I think there is a little more involved in the "magic" than just burying the statue. The kit that I bought included a prayer that you were suppose to say every day. The house we were selling last summer sold in about 6 weeks. (Of course, perhaps it would have sold in 6 weeks without the statue, who knows?) But, I like to think it helped.

Mary Lou

darbyduff 06-29-2007 08:25 AM

Thanks Mary Lou.... Why not??? ;D

I guess no matter when your house sells you can say it was because of the statue. I didn't know about the prayer though but I'm praying every day that the house sells, might as well through in another one while I'm at it! :bigthumbsup:

F16 1UB 07-01-2007 08:48 PM

The first time I heard this was Christy Lee from the Bob & Tom radio show mentioning it a few years ago. Sorry folks but I'm not digging up my yard. I've done it twice in the past 2 years. My neighbor aerated his yard and while making the turn on my property he diced the underground electric fence wire. It's probably a good thing he's an animal lover. I talked to the man upstairs not once but twice about this. He said to read the commandment Stating "Thou shalt not kill" :verymad: AMEN !

Steve

HMarie 07-06-2007 10:28 AM

Our house in Michigan was on the market for almost a year and then our realtor buried a St. Joesph and sold in two weeks. Of course that was also a different realtor from previous. Hey, it can't hurt to try!
Do a google (or any other engine) search on this and you will come up with tons of info, stories, etc.

Honeybee36 07-06-2007 10:35 AM

Not being Catholic, I had heard this "trick" years ago. I did bury some kind of a statute in front of our house that is for sale, but not upside down. It has been a month and no bites on the house. A few lookers but no takers. We are praying hard to sell so we can move to the Villages.

darbyduff 07-16-2007 12:39 PM

O.K. everyone..... I just returned from the Catholic book store! For $6.00 I thought "Why Not!!" The lady said that it works better if you have it "blessed" but not being Catholic I didn't know how to go about doing that.

There are so many of you who have your house on the market waiting for it to sell and trying to move to TV that I thought I 'd be the Guinea pig and if it works than you can all jump on board!!! If not then I will feel somewhat foolish ........... here goes.

darbyduff 07-16-2007 01:00 PM

We put our house on the market the first of April! Good luck to you too. If this dosn't work then I'll bury the dog upside down!!!! ;D

lrkehoe 07-16-2007 01:14 PM

Hi,
I've always thought burying a statue of a saint too superstitious, but I did make a novena (nine days of special prayers) asking for St. Joseph's intercession in selling our home. After ten months on the market, with two different realtors, it sold quickly after I finished the novena. I just shared it with a member of our parish whose home had been listed for months, and --- his home sold the week after finishing it.

It's available at:

http://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/novena/joseph.htm#1

Rose