Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   RDOG (Responsible Dog Owners Group) (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/rdog-responsible-dog-owners-group-159/)
-   -   Sunset Point bad dog owner (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/rdog-responsible-dog-owners-group-159/sunset-point-bad-dog-owner-86998/)

Judyh 08-31-2013 04:30 PM

Sunset Point bad dog owner

Saturday morning the 31st I was walking the cart path near the Sunset Point gate when I noticed a couple walking what looked to be a Mastiff dog on the grass around the pond. My thought was large dog – large poop.
I was pleased to note that the man was carrying a plastic bag with the dog’s waste. I then turned around at the gate to walk back when I noticed the man’s hands were empty. I asked him what he did with the waste – his comment “I threw it behind the bushes (pointing to the bushes by the gate sign) because there is no waste container for him to dump it in”. I told him it was a terrible thing to do but my comments did not seem to faze either he or his wife.
Are we to ruin our beautiful landscaping because a bad dog owner is too lazy to carry his dog’s waste home to his own trash???

red tail 08-31-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judyh (Post 736922)
Saturday morning the 31st I was walking the cart path near the Sunset Point gate when I noticed a couple walking what looked to be a Mastiff dog on the grass around the pond. My thought was large dog – large poop.
I was pleased to note that the man was carrying a plastic bag with the dog’s waste. I then turned around at the gate to walk back when I noticed the man’s hands were empty. I asked him what he did with the waste – his comment “I threw it behind the bushes (pointing to the bushes by the gate sign) because there is no waste container for him to dump it in”. I told him it was a terrible thing to do but my comments did not seem to faze either he or his wife.
Are we to ruin our beautiful landscaping because a bad dog owner is too lazy to carry his dog’s waste home to his own trash???

isn't it just a form of fertilizer?

hansel 08-31-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red tail (Post 736960)

Someone did the same thing in front of our house yesterday.The sad thing is that it is probably one of our neighbors.

Phanatic Luvr 08-31-2013 10:52 PM

Unbelievable! And to think it is just fertilizer, in a bag, from a Mastiff in 95* temperatures. Unbelievable again!

Easyrider 09-01-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red tail (Post 736960)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanatic Luvr (Post 737037)
FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Unbelievable! And to think it is just fertilizer, in a bag, from Mastiff in 95* temperatures. Unbelievable again! [/FONT]

Anyone that thinks it is fertilizer should openly welcome everyone to throw it in their yard.

After all it is cheaper than Scott's turf builder...

sueandskip 09-01-2013 12:31 AM

you can't fix stupid !

kittygilchrist 09-01-2013 05:30 AM

I believe Phanatic was using hyperbole and can't believe anyone thinks dog poop in a plastic bag is beneficial.
Me too.

buggyone 09-01-2013 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judyh (Post 736922)

At that point, why didn't you just take out your cell phone, call Community Watch, tell them what happened and trail the man - while on your phone until Community Watch arrived on the scene?

DougB 09-01-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggyone (Post 737089)
At that point, why didn't you just take out your cell phone, call Community Watch, tell them what happened and trail the man - while on your phone until Community Watch arrived on the scene?

We got some nuts in this world. I wouldn't recommend anybody trail anybody.

bkcunningham1 09-01-2013 07:35 AM

We should have a thread called "Crazy of the Day," or "The Sh!# you See in The Villages." Yesterday, my contribution would have been telling about being dumbfounded watching a man hold a dog up at the human drinking water fountain outside the public restrooms at Spanish Springs while the dog licked and drank from the public water fountain. Yuck.

Judyh 09-01-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggyone (Post 737089)

If I hadn't told them what a terrible thing they had just done but just kept my mouth shut then I would have followed them. Who knows, maybe they will see this and think twice before doing it again.

nitehawk 09-01-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judyh (Post 737130)
If I hadn't told them what a terrible thing they had just done but just kept my mouth shut then I would have followed them. Who knows, maybe they will see this and think twice before doing it again.

:bigbow:

Trish Miller 09-02-2013 01:45 AM

Its plain gross and disgusting!!!!!

rubicon 09-02-2013 04:23 AM

Well first of all since guy had a Mistiff on he other end of that leash I would not have been there long enough to have witnessed what this guy did with the dog's droppings.:crap2: However, if I had I would not have for a second considered trailing him . I mean I watched the Zimmerman trial:confused:

finally given the poster's comments on the fountain drinking dog. I will never again use a public drinking fountain. I mean who does that!:loco:

Parker 09-02-2013 05:57 AM

The fountain post is just as bad, if not worse, than the poop post. The attitude of both owners are a mystery to me.