Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Lawn Service + Recommendations (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/lawn-service-recommendations-8802/)

lmtemple 07-17-2007 08:32 AM

Lawn Service + Recommendations

Will be closing on Aug 10th. Does anyone have a lawn service that does it all, cut lawn, blow, trim and handle irrigations and fertilizer/pest issues? Please provide name/phone numbers and thanks in advance, Linda

lmt 07-17-2007 03:45 PM

Re: Lawn Service + Recommendations

there are no good co. that can do it all

good one spray for pest(bugs),lawn Massey 259-6991

bob brown for sprinkler 750-9830

check in your neighborhood lawn cutting some has a good one

bill

golfnut 07-17-2007 08:50 PM

I would check with neighbors on either side and try to use same, should help with making sure it gets done if you're a snow bird and neighbor isn't.

Duffer 07-19-2007 03:01 PM

There are many good and honest lawn service providers and there are a bunch of jerks out there. Check with your new neighbors and see if they are satisfied. Once you've got an idea about who you would use contact the Seniors vs Crime at the Sumter or Marion sheriffs substation in TV. They will let you know if they have had any complaints filed on them. DO NOT pay in advance. Good Luck :bigthumbsup:

golfnut 07-19-2007 08:27 PM

Ditto on the don't pay in advance, I got burned for 10 months worth, it ain't worth it, pay as you go.

jtdraig 07-20-2007 03:40 PM

We have had Cripple Creek Lawn Service for almost two years now and they are excellent. Our lawn fertilizing and pest control is Massey..and they are very good.

KenMac 07-27-2007 01:57 PM

We got a quote from Massey for ~$840/Yr = Aeration 1/yr; 7 treatments for yard (fert./fungiicide/trees/shrubs, ants, wasps, etc.) = unlimited callbacks

One bug treatment indice, then 1/Qtr outside; Spray outside every other Qtr; "sticky stuff" by garage door to keep out "crawlies."

Does this sound reasonable (similar to what you are paying, with similar services?) (I realize lot size makes a diff & we do have a large lot)

As always, thanks in advance for any advice, observations etc. ...

Ken

villages07 07-27-2007 02:32 PM

Ken....seems a little high; I hired Massey last year....my lot is just under 1/4 acre; every other months for weed and feed; 1 a quarter for bug treatments (outside); 1 aeration a year; no inside treatment for bugs unless they are found inside. Same on-call service. I do "pay as you go" ... $57 for weed and feed and aeration; $62 for pest control treatments. Total for the year works out to ...about $650/year. I'd get another estimate from Bates or Once-a-year pest control, compare, and make them compete. I don't recall if you are a new house or resale, but, does this also include annual termite protection/insurance? That would be about $100/year when bundled with other services.

JohnZ 07-29-2007 05:46 PM

We're using Triple J right now. They started off ok but things really went down hill. At this time, we recommend not using them. The jury is still out though and we'll keep y'all posted.

karensue 07-30-2007 04:37 AM

Forget Mike's Maintenance. I actually saw the guy with the weed eater machine walk into my back yard and point the tool into the air, rev the motor a few times, and walk back out. What a ripoff!

zcaveman 07-30-2007 11:13 AM

All About Bugs is $615 for inside service, termite service and 6 lawn applications of fertilizer, bug and weed control. I have had them for 6 years and are very happy with them.

Bill

LG 07-30-2007 01:45 PM

Lawn Service

Cut, edge, and weed whack... Does a consistant and good job. Had him for 2+ years. Does cut the grass at 30 MPH like a lot of guys.
Sullivans Lawn Service 352-208-0773

JohnZ 07-31-2007 11:40 AM

The jury is in. I recommend not using JJJ. Fired 'em today.

golfnut 07-31-2007 03:14 PM

While we are talking lawn service, I pay $40 per month, cut, whack, trim and blow, how does this compare to others out there?

villages07 07-31-2007 05:06 PM

I pay $50 for the same services on a lot of just under 10,000 sq ft. Lot size does factor in. Pay it all year round. So far, happy with my crew.