Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Relocation Service (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/relocation-service-8832/)

nanci2539 07-18-2007 02:52 PM

Relocation Service

Has anyone used this service offered by TV? Is it any good or are you better off using your own resources? What about their real estate agents who will sell your home or I should say the service they offer to suggest the right agent in your area. We live in the far west subrubs in Illinois.

swrinfla 07-18-2007 03:35 PM

Re: Relocation Service

nanci2539:
I used the Relocation Service a little more than two years ago. They gave me 3 agent names in my former city, all with highly reputable real estate firms. After a couple of interviews, I selected one agent, who subsequently sold my house in less than a month, for which I was very pleased. BEAR IN MIND THAT THIS WAS EARLY 2005 - the market is much different, now.

TV also provided a couple of moving companies. Based on my own knowledge of local companies, I selected one, and had a marvelous experience with them

I was NOT honestly prepared to do my own research for either a realtor or a mover, so was delighted with The Villages' assistance. I'd do it with them again, if I were to do the whole thing again!

noleguy 07-18-2007 04:39 PM

We used the relocation services and were very pleased with the assistance provided. We interviewed 3 realtors and after choosing one we sold our house in less than a month. That was this past March.
We were provided three movers to choose from and could not have been happier with the results.

nedisthatu 07-18-2007 05:06 PM

I used the service 6 years ago in phoenix az it was a brand name realtor company ( had a choice of 2 ) it took a while to sell my home as the market was slow in phoenix at that time --- the moveing company ( again had a choice and got bids ) was mayflower and no problems at all ....again this was 6 years ago hope it is as good today as it was then.................

golfnut 07-19-2007 08:57 PM

Nice to see good experiences, if they do it right everyone wins.

RayB 07-20-2007 08:12 PM

My experience with the Relocation Service was not positive. We moved to the Villages last February from Tampa. I agreed to use their relocation service. I waited over a week before any local Tampa Agents called. Finally one RE agent called and advised they were requested by the relocation service to call us. We met with this RE Agent and found she was located on the south side of Tampa and we lived on the north side. Not a good match. I then arranged my own RE agent to list our house. A week later the relocation service called and asked if all three agents had called us. I advised her only one called and was not satisfactory. When she found out the listing agent we went with, she claimed that was one of the three she had recommended to call us. I told her I had called them. She was rather angry and I found out she called my RE agent and received a part of the commission when we sold. Then when it came time to arrange for movers, they arranged for three movers to quote us on the move from Tampa to The Villages. I thought all three of the quotes were very high. I went out on my own and found a local professional mover in The Villages which came to Tampa, loaded everything, put in temporary storage in The Villages area, reloaded out of temporary storage and unloaded at our new house. [u]The cost was one half the estimates from moving companies set up by the relocation service. I do not have much good to say about The Villages Relocation Service.