Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Warehous Clubs (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/warehous-clubs-8910/)

nanci2539 07-24-2007 02:32 PM

Warehous Clubs

Just curious, don't know why I'm thinking of this but are there any warehouse clubs such as Costco close to TV?

rnm 07-24-2007 03:21 PM

Re: Warehous Clubs

I kmow there is a Sam's club in Ocala and believe the closest Costco is in Orlando

I did hear that they were builidng a Sams locally but not sure where or of it is true or not

Frangyomory 07-24-2007 04:23 PM

Rolling Acres and 441/27 will be the location of the newest Sam's Club here in the Villages.
Right now, I drive to Ocala, about 20 miles or so for a Sam's. We do however, have two Wal-Mart Super Centers really close by.

REDCART 07-24-2007 08:43 PM

Ever wonder what Sam's was thinking building a warehouse-store in the Villages? We're not dealing with traditional families here. Most Villages are 1 or 2 person households, and I can't imagine there'll be any real demand for the super-size packages which Sam's and Costco are famous for. The packages in TV's supermarkets are smaller than we're accustomed to up North. So at least someone is paying attention to the market place.

bestmickey 07-24-2007 08:59 PM

Is there a BJ's nearby? I find their variety of brands and selections far superior to Sam's.

iaudit 07-24-2007 10:12 PM

Closest Bj's is in Orlando, there are two in that area.

whartonjelly 07-24-2007 11:25 PM

What is a Bjs?

bestmickey 07-25-2007 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whartonjelly
What is a Bjs?

It's a Warehouse Club. We have both BJs and Sam's here (Albany, NY) and as previously indicated, BJs offers more brands and larger variety of items.

villages07 07-25-2007 06:16 AM

Does anybody know the status on building the Sam's next to Home Depot?

When it was first announced a year ago, they were projecting a Jan 08 opening. But, I haven't seen any activity in site preparation so that date is not going to hold.

Even with our smaller household sizes, I think a Sam's will do well. Most everyone I talk to in TV shops or has shopped at a club store. Also, with that location it will draw a lot of shoppers from Leesburg.

nanci2539 07-25-2007 08:43 AM

I'm a warehouse club shopper, especially for staples. I don't like grocery shopping at all so I go to the local Costco and buy chicken and meats, take the big package home and then vacuum seal smaller portions (a vacuum sealer by the way is a great investment).

I buy all my staples (paper towels, toilet paper, etc).

Of course, there are things I still need at the grocery store but I don't need to spend an hour grocery shopping. I guess that leaves more time to play golf (once I learn!).