Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   new york road rage (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/new-york-road-rage-90217/)

red tail 10-02-2013 09:59 AM

new york road rage

SHOCK VIDEO: SUV runs over bikers, bikers chase and beat down driver in New York City

Taltarzac725 10-02-2013 10:08 AM

Have to wait and see what the facts are about this.

Patty55 10-02-2013 10:31 AM

If I were the driver I would have done the exact same thing.

DonH57 10-02-2013 10:39 AM

I've seen it. Looks a lot like the clowns on crotch rockets I've nearly hit zipping up and down 27/441 between 2 lanes of traffic without any regard to other peoples safety let alone theirs.

gerryann 10-02-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patty55 (Post 756314)
If I were the driver I would have done the exact same thing.

I agree. This young man had a wife and baby in his car........with approx 30 bikers on his tail. He's in the hospital with a broken back, etc.

Yes, I am curious about the particulars that led up to this. Evidently a second arrest was made today.

ilovetv 10-02-2013 11:06 AM

Defending and teaching gang mentality to younger people.....
Domenech said her family is upset that most of the attention from the incident is focused on Lien and not her nephew, a married father of a 10-year-old and a 14-year-old.

"This man with a Range Rover and luxury lifestyle — it's OK for him to do something to someone because he rides a bike or has tattoos?" she said."
(Never mind this.......)
"Kelly said the bikers did not have a permit for the rally and the NYPD only learned of the gathering — in its second year — through social media.
He said police had fanned out around Manhattan to watch for trouble, arresting 15 bikers and confiscating 55 motorcycles unrelated to the attack on the Range Rover."
1 biker charged, another critical in NYC Range Rover chase - U.S. News

Indydealmaker 10-02-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerryann (Post 756322)
I agree. This young man had a wife and baby in his car........with approx 30 bikers on his tail. He's in the hospital with a broken back, etc.

Yes, I am curious about the particulars that led up to this. Evidently a second arrest was made today.

When I watched the entire video, it showed the bikers surrounding the Range Rover, then one bike deliberately stopped right in front of the vehicle. Several bikers then got off of their bikes and converged on the family. He then gunned it, ran over some of the thugs and the chase ensued ending up with a vicious assault on the driver.

An important point must be made: these were guys on bikes, not bikers. They are simply thugs that are used to harrassing innocent citizens with impunity.

DonH57 10-02-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indydealmaker (Post 756355)
When I watched the entire video, it showed the bikers surrounding the Range Rover, then one bike deliberately stopped right in front of the vehicle. Several bikers then got off of their bikes and converged on the family. He then gunned it, ran over some of the thugs and the chase ensued ending up with a vicious assault on the driver.

An important point must be made: these were guys on bikes, not bikers. They are simply thugs that are used to harrassing innocent citizens with impunity.

I agree. Thugs. I have no problems with bikes in general. I have friends with harleys and none of them ever operate their bikes in the manner these thugs do. Another thing I like about the bigger bikes like the Harleys is that you can hear a Harley coming up behind you. The noise doesn't bother me at all.

karostay 10-02-2013 11:52 AM

Perhaps now the SUV driver will conceal and carry

ilovetv 10-02-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karostay (Post 756365)
Perhaps now the SUV driver will conceal and carry

Yeah....and then the newspaper in NJ or NY will publish an interactive map showing his address with all other residents of 2-3 counties and whether they have a CCW permit......

Newspaper sparks outrage for publishing names, addresses of gun permit holders - CNN.com

Patty55 10-02-2013 12:18 PM

I've often wanted to take out the squeegy guys at the tunnel.

Golfingnut 10-02-2013 12:21 PM

I have been riding for over 50 years. The bikers were wrong no matter what the car driver did that gave them a reason to attack. I will always defend, but what they did was aggravated assault.

kellyjam 10-02-2013 12:38 PM

Almost impossible to get a carry permit in NYC.

George Bieniaszek 10-02-2013 02:05 PM

The video showed that one motorcyclist changed lanes quickly and was dangerously close to the SUV. Then he hit the brakes abruptly leaving no reaction time for the SUV to react and the SUV rear ended the bike. Not even giving the SUV driver and the cyclist a chance to discuss the matter, the cyclists started hitting the SUV and attempted to slash the tires. He did what anyone would do and use any means to protect his family and get out of harms way. If that meant driving over some motorcycles, and riders, well, sucks to be them, and being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I would have quickly dialed 911 and be driving to the nearest police station for protection, especially after the remaining bikers were following him looking to inflict additional damage to the car or bodily harm!!!

ilovetv 10-02-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellyjam (Post 756398)

Kellyjam: As a person who's lived in the Bronx, would you have taken the exits the SUV driver passed (or maybe was blocked from taking), or would that have been jumping from the frying pan into the fire? (Their turf?) It seems he had little recourse but to stay on the expressway.

karostay 10-02-2013 02:23 PM

Feel sorry for SUV driver and his family being terrorized by punks
Should of been driving a tractor trailer could have gotten the whole bunch.:ho:

Golfingnut 10-02-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovetv (Post 756447)
Kellyjam: As a person who's lived in the Bronx, would you have taken the exits the SUV driver passed (or maybe was blocked from taking), or would that have been jumping from the frying pan into the fire? (Their turf?) It seems he had little recourse but to stay on the expressway.

He should have stayed on the multi lane road for more maneuverability to run over the bikers. Or three or four clips in a tech 10 would have been an alternative.

karostay 10-02-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellyjam (Post 756398)

Criminals have no problem carrying only law abiding citizens do

ilovetv 10-02-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karostay (Post 756449)
Feel sorry for SUV driver and his family being terrorized by punks
Should of been driving a tractor trailer could have gotten the whole bunch.:ho:

A sadly delicious thought.

ijusluvit 10-02-2013 02:40 PM

I've driven NYC multi-lane highways many times and the bikers are more frequent than they have ever been in the past. When traffic is slowed, they often weave between cars, drive on shoulders, between lanes, etc. They are always speeding, extremely reckless, always ride in groups, and are almost impossible to spot until they are on you. Since rapid lane changing is the most popular sport in NYC, there are many accidents and near accidents when someone leaves their lane and a biker is coming through. Since I don't live there, I don't know what the police are doing to deal with this, but I can see it would be very difficult to catch the offenders with anything less than camera coverage. The last few times I've experienced the problem, I've called 911 with the location and direction of the bikers.
In this particular incident, the group is part of the Hollywood Stunts. The guy who slowed in front of the Range Rover probably was reacting to a comment, gesture or car movement made by the driver earlier. Thankfully the driver sustained only a few stitches in the assault, and his wife and child are safe.

In my opinion, this problem is the biggest one on NYC highways at present. It's downright scary.