Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Has anybody ever been in a movie???? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/has-anybody-ever-been-movie-9111/)

Talk Host 08-06-2007 05:43 AM

Has anybody ever been in a movie????

During my years in Radio and TV, I had the opportunity to have little parts in several movies. Has anybody here ever been in one?

I had bit parts in:

Horror flick of the 60s, "Night of the Living Dead."
Paul Newman movie "Slap Shot" (I even tried out for a speaking part, but didn't get it.)
Sylvester Stallone movie "Fist"
The worst movie ever made "The Christmas Miracle" Starring Donald O'Connor and Morgana King. (Morgana who? She was Mrs Don Corleone in the God Father)

Donna 08-06-2007 12:23 PM

Re: Has anybody ever been in a movie????

I was in the Miss Staten Island Pageant, a Miss America Preliminary..Does that count?? LOL
I won the swimsuit competition and came in top five.. :bigthumbsup: :#1:

rballruss 08-06-2007 12:38 PM

You've seen me in HBO's "The Corner", "The Wire", and NBC's "Homicide: Life on the Streets." You've seen my houseboat in "Ladder 49". Don't have the houseboat anymore.

Donna 08-06-2007 12:47 PM

Rballruss,
Lets see your pic..I want to see if I recognize you...

rballruss 08-06-2007 01:39 PM

There it is, Donna.

rballruss 08-06-2007 01:42 PM

Oh yeah...was finalist for cast of Survivor two years agon, but didn't make the cut. >:(

mackbeth 08-06-2007 04:38 PM

I started out in television when I was 17, working at a local tv station as a camera man on the local
"Good Morning show" all before going to high school later in the morning, later graduated into editing
and video board, got to meet some very interesting people along the way, Nancy Culp, (Beverly Hillbilly's)
Olivia DeHavailand (Gone with The Wind) and several other lesser known character actors. One particularly
stands out as I got to know him very well over several weeks as I was in a travel log with him. Chill Wills,
John Wayne's side kick in many, many movies. he was no different in life as he was on screen, what a character
I would drive his motorhome for him and his wife after a shoot was over, usually late at night, he didn't like
driving at night. Wish I had stayed in the business but other things called.

Donna 08-06-2007 04:57 PM

I am sorry, I don't recognize you..I would certainly remember seeing you...LOL :bigthumbsup:
Now I can say I know another movie/TV star!!

mackbeth 08-06-2007 05:14 PM

Don't think I would categorize myself a movie star, just someone who worked with one.

Donna 08-06-2007 05:33 PM

Rballruss...I meant you ..LOL Sorry Mackbeth..LOL ;D

mackbeth 08-06-2007 06:14 PM

Shucks, five minutes of fame down the tube. ;D

jjdees 08-06-2007 08:24 PM

This may be a stupid question, but what does LOL mean?

tony 08-06-2007 08:32 PM

Donna should post the swimsuit picture.
:o

mackbeth 08-06-2007 09:25 PM

No stupid questions, LOL means "Laugh out loud' (Text laughing)

Donna 08-06-2007 09:42 PM

I will post mt pageant pic as soon as I find it... :#1: