Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   FINALLY MOVING IN (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/finally-moving-9137/)

kar guy 08-07-2007 09:13 AM

FINALLY MOVING IN

WELL GUYS IT IS FINALLY CONFIRMED. WE WILL BE DOWN ON SEPTEMBER 16TH TO RENT UNTIL WE BUY. MY WIFE (DEE) KNOWN AS (TEDDY) AND MYSELF, (GREG) KNOWN AS (KAR GUY) CAN HARDLY WAIT. WE PUT OUR HOUSE UP FOR SALE IN LATE FEBRUARY AND CLOSED FIRST OF AUGUST. WITH ALL THE HELP WE HAVE RECIEVED ON THIS WEB SITE IT HAS SURE MADE THINGS EASIER TO DO WHEN WE GET THERE. WE STILL HAVE A LOT OF QUESTIONS WHICH I WILL PUT ON SEPERATE THREADS SO AS NOT TO CONFUSE MYSELF. AGAIN, WE ARE READY TO JOIN ALL YOU GUYS AND HAVE NOTHING BUT A GREAT TIME. THANKS.... THE KAR GUY.

Becky 08-07-2007 12:05 PM

Re: FINALLY MOVING IN

I envy you being permanent! Have bought in TV. Have house to sell in Ohio yet but it's not listed. Figure I will be up here in the snow another year or two. As far as questions go, this board has been very valuable!

Becky

Donna 08-07-2007 12:09 PM

Kar Guy..I am so jealous..I am stuck here in PA too...I hate it here and the nasty winters!
I guess I have to be patient...Not one of my virtues! 8)

Becky and I just have to wait... :'(

F16 1UB 08-07-2007 12:14 PM

WTG KG. My wife is contacting the realtor today to drop the price. Once it sells we'll be right behind you. Been on the market since last of June. I once had a boss tell me "If you want to see time fly charge something 90 days same as cash." heh heh Hurry up & sell!!!!!!!!!!

Steve :bigthumbsup:

beady 08-07-2007 12:28 PM

Best of luck to you in your new home.
We will be down from NH in September to make a purchase and I have never wished a summer away as I am this year.

larrydube 08-07-2007 03:05 PM

Beady,

Where are you from in NH? I live in Saco, ME used to live in Merrimack, NH

beady 08-07-2007 03:46 PM

larrydube, Hi!
We live in Newmarket ,NH now, moved from Rockport Maine, 5 years ago and before that in Massachusetts.
Can't wait to make the next address TV, Florida. ;D
Have good friends who lived in Merrimack for years, they retired to Cape Cod about 7 years ago.

darbyduff 08-07-2007 04:37 PM

Steve,

I am a real believer in burying St. Joseph (see that post) and saying Novena's (Yes I know, I was very very skeptic too ) Anyway...Good luck to you. If you are looking at all the post's you will see that we are waiting for an offer that our realtor said was coming in. Home was on market since April. We were just ready to drop price when this happened! Don't dispare!

F16 1UB 08-07-2007 10:34 PM

Thanks Darbyduff. We're keepin the faith. I just picked a helluva time to quit drinking. LOL

Steve

Frangyomory 08-09-2007 09:13 AM

Hope everyone who wants to move here gets the opportunity! We looked the Villages over for the last 7 years that Joe was working. I retired in 2001 and was waiting for him to reach the appropriate age which he did in 2005. We have lived here since Aug 15 2005 and haven't even planned any "vacation" trips since then. Sold our RV because we know there is no place we'd rather be than right here. Best of luck to all who have the same dream!!! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

F16 1UB 08-09-2007 10:40 AM

Very uplifting Frangy. Neighbors ask why and say it's too hot in FL. And we hit 100 yesterday in northern KY. Many don't know what hot is. Our kids in the mid east are facing HOT.

We'll get there.

Steve

Donna 08-09-2007 10:55 AM

Steve,
I love when people say Florida is TOO hot, meanwhile Pa is freezing 7 months out of the year..Is this not too cold?? They say we have to sit in air conditioning all the time, what about the heat all winter and the ice, snow and sleet..I have lived in NY all my life, accept for the past 16 years in Pa..I hate the cold..Love the heat..

Where are their heads??
:dontknow:

F16 1UB 08-09-2007 12:02 PM

I think they may have a disease known as cerebralrectumiasum.

Donna 08-09-2007 01:25 PM

:a20: :beer2: :agree:

larrydube 08-09-2007 01:36 PM

Beady,

When are you looking to move down to TV? We have a place there (bought it after I got back from Iraq) and have less than 788 days to go......