Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Clubs of the Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/clubs-villages-76/)
-   -   FISHING CLUB - FRESHWATER (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/clubs-villages-76/fishing-club-freshwater-9159/)

F16 1UB 08-08-2007 09:29 AM

FISHING CLUB - FRESHWATER

I'm aware of both salt & fresh water clubs in TV's but wonder if anyone belongs to a club that's affiliated with B.A.S.S. or FLW organizations? If this :edit: house up north ever sells and once settled in in TV's I plan on joining a club of some sort while my wife does her gal thing. Great way to learn & make new friends. It'll be nice to catch some REAL fish instead of 1 lb squeakers that I'm used to catching on the Ohio River.

Steve

rballruss 08-08-2007 03:17 PM

Re: FISHING CLUB - FRESHWATER

You can say that again, Steve. I was used to catching 1 -3 lb bass in Maryland. Down here I've already caught 12 fish over 4 lbs, with the largest being 8.5 lbs, and that was in ONE DAY!!!!!!

Russ

F16 1UB 08-08-2007 09:17 PM

Russ,

I fish a small local tournament on Tuesday nights on the Ohio River located halfway between Cincinnati and Louisville. Last night we had 11 boats, 12 fish caught, winning weight was 6 fish @ 8.2 lbs. I had 2 that went 3 even. Whoopee. Came on a black buzzbait. The biggest bass I've got in 27 years of fishing this area weighed 5.12 and that came on a blue & white 1/32 oz tube on a fly rod crappie fishing around brush. Figures! Largest I've seen in a tournament was 6.1. Yeah I'm ready for a change. One thing about the Ohio River it has huge crappies. So when I'm not trying for bass I'll play with them or stripers. Eventually once I get to TV I'd like to try red fish. Watching a recorded show now out of Aransas Texas. Yep - I could get into that. Some like golf - This is my golf.

Save some for seed

Steve ;D

rballruss 08-09-2007 03:09 PM

I keep one ssmall one (4 lbs) and release the others. Look me up when you get down here and we'll catch some real bass.

F16 1UB 08-12-2007 05:24 PM

You're on

Steve

villager99 08-12-2007 05:41 PM

just curious. how large/small are the bass in the villages ponds?

rballruss 08-14-2007 07:35 PM

Somebody caught a 10 lb-er. Check out the club website www.freshwaterfishingclub.com

villager99 08-14-2007 08:21 PM

thanks for the link. i'm impressed

BUC 08-15-2007 07:06 AM

Can you keep your boat in your car port or garage? How far to the closest lake?

F16 1UB 08-16-2007 07:59 PM

I know you can keep a boat in your garage but not sure about a carport. Someone on here should be able to steer you right. If we ever get situated in TV I plan on bringing mine. Also I had a list of lakes surrounding TV. Let me do some research and see if I can find it again.

Steve

stanlee 01-10-2008 01:09 PM

I also hope to moving to the Villages by June 08, I am a member of BASS and plan on fishing some FLW tournaments.

STanLee