Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   How do we get everyone in TV on the forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/how-do-we-get-everyone-tv-forum-9193/)

mackbeth 08-10-2007 01:08 PM

How do we get everyone in TV on the forum

How do we get a member drive going :dontknow: any ideas? the more members we have the more we
learn about the community and more friends we make, right. ;D

mejahu 08-10-2007 01:14 PM

Re: How do we get everyone in TV on the forum

All the people in the Villages could mention it to the people they meet.

DickY 08-10-2007 01:22 PM

If you can get an article written about it in The Villages Daily Sun that might do it.

Donna 08-10-2007 02:05 PM

Good idea Dicky..They all ready the Daily Sun! :agree:

xhippee 08-10-2007 02:39 PM

Actually, I wil try to help in this matter. I write for Style Magazine, and I will do an interview with the site adm. Hopefully, there will also be some photo ops so I can present a nice, finished piece to my editor.
I hope you all read this beautiful magazine. It is a competitor of TV Magazine, and I think it is done rather well.

bestmickey 08-10-2007 02:58 PM

[color=purple]
Quote:

Originally Posted by DickY
If you can get an article written about it in The Villages Daily Sun that might do it.

Would the developers want to advertise this site in their newspaper? Since this site contains some complaints about TV (although these are frequently followed by "I still love it here"), it's doubtful.

My suggestions:
1. Try writing a letter to the editor which invites all to join (although the developer may not place
this letter in the paper).

2. Try to get "The Reporter" to do a story...or write it for them...and see if they'll put it in print.

handieman 08-10-2007 04:02 PM

:hot: :2excited:
I was thinkin maybe a wet T-shirt contest, not to mention a few female chatters I have chatted with in here. I'll volunteer to video tape it and we will advertise it to run GUESS WHERE? Talk of the Villages, I'm full of these great ideas call me anytime. :clap2:
Handie :joke: :duck:
PS: Meet ya at the Lake Miona Beach Ladies cheap white T-shirts only :redface:

JohnZ 08-10-2007 06:28 PM

:yikes: A reputation is being earned right before our eyes.

handieman 08-10-2007 06:56 PM

yes but just think a wet T-shirt contest in a 55 plus community, I figure we might make the Jay Leno show
handie :joke:

handieman 08-10-2007 06:58 PM

Wait, I got a better idea lets make it coed, I stand a chance at a trophy
handie :joke:

mackbeth 08-10-2007 08:04 PM

Great Idea XHIPPEE, that should get some exposure. :bigthumbsup: Some of the other suggestions would be good as well
and might make the front page of the Wall street journal, and USA Today! and many local papers. ;D :redface:

jjdees 08-10-2007 09:43 PM

Sounds like a bunch of dirty old men.

villagerjudy 08-11-2007 03:55 AM

What a marvelous diet tool......of course the men must be in speedo's. Everytime I think of food I'll just pull out the aforementioned visual and barf my guts out. OMG ROFLMAO. I just love sicko's