Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   "In Area" Guest ID's (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/area-guest-ids-9200/)

Happy Villager 08-10-2007 08:13 PM

"In Area" Guest ID's

I read this months Village Homeowners Association Voice paper today. There is an article where the VHA reps met with Center District and Developer reps and asked questions. One of the questions was that guest passes are being issued for relatives who live within the area for a year at a time and some people are reporting widespread abuse. The response was that the rule for "in area" guest IDs for children or grandchildren who reside in Lake, Sumter or Marion counties were clarified. If a child or grandchild resides in Lake, Sumter or Marion counties, a Villages resident may obtain an "in area" guest ID card for them at any of the regional recreational centers. This ID is valid for one year from date of isuance. The resident whose name appears on the "in area" guest ID must accompany these children and must have their own resident ID. All guests under 19 years of age must be accompanied by a Villages resident or guest (with proper ID) who is over 19 years of age.

I know this is long but I was under the impression there is a one month limit per year that a guest could visit in TV. What is this "in area" guest ID all about? Does anyone here know? If your kids or grandkids live in one of the three counties does it mean they can use our facilities like executive golf, pools etc.?

Frangyomory 08-11-2007 02:04 PM

Re: "In Area" Guest ID's

When I came to live here it was one month at a time but renewable for out of town guests. There was also a limit by, I believe, 50 miles that you could not get guest IDs. Apparently the developer has changed the rules and we were not notified. So much for only legitimate guests and residents only using the amenities. This is apparenty how the people who live in Del Webb and Spruce Creek are using our pools, etc. Makes me sick. :edit:

villager99 08-11-2007 04:50 PM

i believe the changes to the in area guest passes were studied by the developer and interested villagers. last year.
it's primarily a way for villagers with grandchildren and family in the tri-county area to have more flexible visiting. the villages does spend alot promoting inter generational relationships.
is this good or bad?
many/most villagers do have grandchildren who visit. and the summer kids camp programs expands yearly.

bestmickey 08-11-2007 05:53 PM

While I'm not yet a Villages resident, I may be next year. For that privilege, I will monthly be paying a premium price to live there. I don't want outsiders having every day access to my (our) facilities coming from my (our) hard earned money. That is absurd!

If Villages residents want to spend time with their grandchildren who live in the vicinity....go ahead. I truly think it's a wonderful thing to have intergenerational interactions. BUT, such visits on-site should be limited to 30 days per year. If you want to golf (on executive courses), swim or play with your grandkids more frequently...go to their turf! We all pay (or will soon) premium prices to live in The Villages. No one who lives outside of The Villages should have a free ride to use our facilities any time they want.

The Villages was intended (and is advertised) to be a 55+ y.o. "Retirement Community". Perhaps with all the changes the developer is making, such as allowing "outsiders" and children to have free use of the facilities of The Villages, the developer is guilty of FALSE REPRESENTATION and FALSE ADVERTISING. Isn't that FRAUD?

I'm sure that what I've said here will give the impression that I'm not a friendly person and that perhaps I don't belong in "Florida's Friendliest Home Town". Well, that honestly isn't the case. I am a friendly person who believes in "live and let live". However, there were/are a number of requirements that the developer put in place, which we all were/are made aware of prior to our home purchase. These requirements should not be changed without a vote of the full community.

And Curry, please don't submit another of your non-descript comments. They're getting to be a bore. I've noted that some of your submissions are well written and your English is proper. So you are capable of being descriptive. I'm tired of your "beware of Florida real estate agents" notes.

villager99 08-11-2007 06:01 PM

the villages is not a true gated community nor are all the residents over 55. these are ongoing topics of conversations by most villagers. there are many pros and cons. hope everyone becomes active in attending meetings and learning once they settle here. the cdc will become increasingly resident controled over the years.

Happy Villager 08-11-2007 06:48 PM

Best Mickey, I think you expressed the feelings that the "MAJORITY" of Villagers have regarding our community. We moved here to be in a retirement community and now they are trying to say the rules were changed by the developer and "interested villagers". Just who are the "interested villagers", could they be the Village Homeowner's Association? I too have children and grandchildren but the 30 day per year limit should be enforced. I chose to move here knowing that my time "here" would be limited with them. I can still visit with them and spend time with them but not here! We will have to have that decision changed back when we do get control when we are governed under the CDD and not the developer. I am sure when it has to be put to a vote the majority will rule. The Villages is crowded enough and we already do enough for the visitors.

Happy Villager 08-11-2007 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villager99
i believe the changes to the in area guest passes were studied by the developer and interested villagers. last year.
it's primarily a way for villagers with grandchildren and family in the tri-county area to have more flexible visiting. the villages does spend alot promoting inter generational relationships.
is this good or bad?
many/most villagers do have grandchildren who visit. and the summer kids camp programs expands yearly.

Villager99, what do you mean by "more flexiable visiting"? Is the guest ID issued for the whole year for convenience but the visit still limited to 30 days per year?

SuzieQ 08-11-2007 07:36 PM

What do the initials CDD stand for?

villager99 08-11-2007 07:45 PM

i didn't attend any of the in area guest pass revision meetings as i don't have grandchildren in the tri-county area but i had heard complaints that family living nearby was likely to visit often and somewhat unplanned so trips to a regional rec center for last miunute passes was problematic.
guest pass rules have changed several times in the 8 years i've lived in tv.
while not always ideal there are avenues for raising issues for developer consideration. and someday we will graduate to full resident control.

darbyduff 08-11-2007 08:05 PM

A friend lives in Scottsdale AZ but has a friend in Sun City. (55+) They also have unlimited visits from grandchildren but have limited places where they can "play". i.e. pool etc

By the way Curry...I thought you were busy packing. I know you said you were leaving TV.

REDCART 08-12-2007 09:27 AM

SuzieQ, the initials CDD stand for Community Development District, the quasi-governmental entity which was created to fund (issue bonds) to cover the infrastructure of TV: water, sewer and roads; and which is ultimately tasked with administering the day-t0-day operation of the property that it oversees. Here's a link which may be helpful on the subject. http://www.districtgov.org/vccdd/home.asp

bamafan 08-12-2007 07:48 PM

Curry has been banned. He or she could return as something else. Maybe an english professor

Frangyomory 08-12-2007 07:53 PM

This unlimited in area pass is the way some people who live in DelWebb and Spruce Creek use our pools, etc. They have friends here and their friends get guest passes. This makes me sick. If they want to play here they should pay here!!!!!!!

I am all for grandparents having all the time and opportunity to see their grandchildren but if they live within 50 miles of the Villages, they don't need to spend their summer vacations here! :dontknow: :dontknow: ??? ???

zcaveman 08-12-2007 08:40 PM

My understanding is that the Executive Golf Courses are restricted to Villagers and guests who reside outside of Lake, Marion and Sumter counties. A friend of mine wanted to bring a lady friend he met to play golf and was told "only the championship courses". I am going to check tomorrow and see if the "in-county" relatives qualify for these courses. It is hard enough for me to get a tee time without having to fight the local relatives.

Happy Villager 08-12-2007 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zcaveman
My understanding is that the Executive Golf Courses are restricted to Villagers and guests who reside outside of Lake, Marion and Sumter counties. A friend of mine wanted to bring a lady friend he met to play golf and was told "only the championship courses". I am going to check tomorrow and see if the "in-county" relatives qualify for these courses. It is hard enough for me to get a tee time without having to fight the local relatives.

Thanks for checking on this caveman. Could you let us know what you find out?