Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Snakes in the toilet? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/snakes-toilet-9265/)

bestmickey 08-14-2007 12:19 PM

Snakes in the toilet?

This was originally within the "frogs in the toilet" thread, but I wanted to address the snake issue, so created a new topic in order to get the discussion focused on snakes.

Quote from: mackbeth on Yesterday at 04:30:12 PM
AS a Florida native, I do not know of any poison species of frog in this area, I have heard of the cuban variety, the ones
around here are harmless, unless someone has brought something in recently. Snakes do occasionally end up in the lue.
LOOK BEFORE SITTING

OMG!!! :yikes: Snakes? Are you serious? I have a MAJOR PHOBIA about snakes. I've mentally accepted that FL has more snakes than NY. However, I can't accept them in my home! And, I will be living alone, so have no one to come to my rescue. Is there anything that can be done to ensure they won't come in through the lue or any other means?

mackbeth 08-14-2007 02:46 PM

Re: Snakes in the toilet?

Didn't mean to alarm anyone, It does happen only rarely, usually makes the paper if it does happen, so
do not despair, the likelyhood of this occuring is remote. relax and enjoy the lue. ;D

nanci2539 08-14-2007 02:55 PM

What kind of snakes are we talking about here?????

darbyduff 08-14-2007 03:04 PM

Hey Mickey - I'll see your phobia and raise you TEN! That would be a deal breaker so fast!!!!! I know they are down there but I refuse to think about it. If I found one in the house, the house would be on the market so fast it would make your head spin!!! OH MY GAWD! :yikes: :cus:

(I've got my hands over my ears and can't hear any more about the ssssss being in the toliet!....na na na na na na na na!!!!)

F16 1UB 08-14-2007 03:16 PM

I dumping all my Milk of Magnesia and stocking up on Ammonium AD.

villager99 08-14-2007 03:22 PM

i've yet to find one in the house or toilet but 1 inch diameter slate/black snakes are common every spring .
lanai and garage are as close as the've come to being inside.
sorry, i don't know their name but have been assured they're not dangerous.

darbyduff 08-14-2007 03:24 PM

CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!! LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA ??? ??? ???

Happy Villager 08-14-2007 03:32 PM

Hey Best Mickey, this fear about snakes and the lue sound like the one you asked me regarding aligators in TV and worrying about sitting in Sumter Landing and being able to close your eyes :joke: This isn't the everglades and the area has been inhabited a long time now. Great having a baby sister!

bestmickey 08-14-2007 04:32 PM

I know. ;D The operative word is "baby". 8)

darbyduff 08-14-2007 05:09 PM

How can IMTEMPLE blog about "water softners" when I'm worried about........you know what........la la la la al

scottke 08-14-2007 06:23 PM

I'm with all of you. I was worried about additional tornadoes and hurricanes but now frogs and snakes. My hands are over my ears too - la la la la la and now I'm only reading out of semi-covered eyes to see what anyone else says. Ugh!

jjdees 08-14-2007 09:06 PM

In Florida, you have to watch out for the giant palmetto bugs too. They can reach a size of 10-12 inches in length. You can knock them unconscious with a heavy shoe and then throw them out the door and hope they won't come back. AAARRGGHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

jim16g 08-14-2007 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanci2539
What kind of snakes are we talking about here?????

bowl constrictors

mackbeth 08-14-2007 09:57 PM

Hey everybody! get a grip, don't panic. :o Your going nuts over nothing, :yikes: I've never seen a 12 "
palmetto bug in my life and I have lived here all my life, as in born here! yes, there are alligators
in the lakes, snakes in the woods, bugs in the lawn, You are in florida now, a subtropical environment.
RELAX!!! you will adjust, look how many already have. :welcome:

darbyduff 08-14-2007 11:33 PM

What do you mean there are alligators in Florida...... Oh my gawd...it just keeps getting worse! :yikes:

"Hey Toto.....we're not in Kansas anymore"......... :o :o