Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Village Kitchen (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/village-kitchen-121/)
-   -   Olive Garden Chicken Marsala (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/village-kitchen-121/olive-garden-chicken-marsala-92803/)

BritParrothead 10-27-2013 12:34 PM

Olive Garden Chicken Marsala

Yesterday I found the recipe on line, so thought I would give it a go....
Well, it was really good, even if mislay so myself! Will be cooing this one again quite soon. :)

BritParrothead 10-27-2013 12:35 PM

Mislay so myself?? Ha ha ha
Should read 'say so myself'. :)

pooh 10-27-2013 12:39 PM

Were you going to post a link? I'd like to give it a try.

The chicken Marsala I had at Olive Garden a couple of years ago was delicious and one of the best I've had. Hopefully it is still as good at the restaurant.

Cgirmo 10-27-2013 01:33 PM

try www.olivegarden.com/Main-Dishes/Chicken-Marsala/ I made the Chicken Gnocchi soup last week and was wonderful.

BritParrothead 10-27-2013 01:58 PM

chicken marsala

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooh (Post 769441)
Were you going to post a link? I'd like to give it a try.

The chicken Marsala I had at Olive Garden a couple of years ago was delicious and one of the best I've had. Hopefully it is still as good at the restaurant.

Olive Garden Chicken Marsala Recipe
Ingredients
4 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
1/2 cup flour
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Dried oregano to taste
4 Tbsp oil
4 Tbsp butter or margarine
2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 cup Marsala wine
Procedures
POUND chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap until about 1/4" thickness.
COMBINE flour, salt, pepper and oregano in a mixing bowl. Dredge chicken pieces in the flour, shaking off any excess.
HEAT oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken breasts on medium heat for about 2 minutes on the first side, until lightly browned. Turn breasts over to cook other side, then add mushrooms to skillet. Cook breasts about 2 more minutes, until both sides are lightly browned. Continue to stir mushrooms. Add Marsala wine around chicken pieces.
COVER and simmer for about 15 minutes.

p.s.
I thought it might be nice with a couple of shallots next time??

lightworker888 10-27-2013 02:24 PM

I love the chicken flatbread. It makes a great supper with salad. Also like the breaded eggplant. Haven't tried much else as I can't get away from the flatbread!

LW888

CFrance 10-27-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BritParrothead (Post 769483)
Olive Garden Chicken Marsala Recipe
Ingredients
4 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
1/2 cup flour
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Dried oregano to taste
4 Tbsp oil
4 Tbsp butter or margarine
2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 cup Marsala wine
Procedures
POUND chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap until about 1/4" thickness.
COMBINE flour, salt, pepper and oregano in a mixing bowl. Dredge chicken pieces in the flour, shaking off any excess.
HEAT oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken breasts on medium heat for about 2 minutes on the first side, until lightly browned. Turn breasts over to cook other side, then add mushrooms to skillet. Cook breasts about 2 more minutes, until both sides are lightly browned. Continue to stir mushrooms. Add Marsala wine around chicken pieces.
COVER and simmer for about 15 minutes.

p.s.
I thought it might be nice with a couple of shallots next time??

I wonder if this would work with half the fat.

BritParrothead 10-27-2013 03:13 PM

I will cut out the olive butter next time and stick with olive oil. I did spoon out the melted butter before serving.

KittyKat 10-27-2013 09:50 PM

I don't care for their recipe. Not at all like Carrabbas'.

CFrance 10-27-2013 10:35 PM

The difference is Carrabba's recipe has half a cup of heavy cream in it.

KittyKat 10-28-2013 08:04 PM

It's not just that. OG's chicken is not as tender and juicy and the sauce is not at all like Carrabbas'. You do get better portions at OG's is you like theirs; I just don't like anything about the dish there. To each his own.

CFrance 10-28-2013 08:14 PM

In my opinion, Carrabba's has better food than OG.

BritParrothead 10-29-2013 06:22 AM

chicken marsala

Quote:

Originally Posted by KittyKat (Post 770220)
It's not just that. OG's chicken is not as tender and juicy and the sauce is not at all like Carrabbas'. You do get better portions at OG's is you like theirs; I just don't like anything about the dish there. To each his own.

when I mad it, the chicken was just perfect. The secret is to beat it to death, then let it rest a while before cooking.

Don't like Carrabbas, as last 2 times we ate there we got sick
:yuck: