Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Pleasant Oil-Change experience (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/pleasant-oil-change-experience-9307/)

rballruss 08-16-2007 03:26 PM

Pleasant Oil-Change experience

One of the nice things about TOTV is the helpful information that is passed along. Well now, I have a chance to share some:

Took my 1985 300 CD Turbo-Diesel Mercedes Benz to NAPA Autocare (on a whim) for an oil change. Haven't had it changed in a while and everywhere I tried, since bringing it down from Baltimore, couldn't accomodate a 1985 Mercedes. The NAPA Auto-Care (on 27/441 behind the Allstate and just north of the Walmart) looked it up and had everything I needed within 15 mins. They just opened, and mine was the only car in the shop. (They are just about to advertise, so no one knows about them). ((I did mention advertising opportunities on TOTV, Jan)).

I had them check out my air-conditioning (or lack thereof) and they will have the compressor (ouch!) in the morning. I can't express how helpful, honest, and eager to please, they were. If you are thinking of getting some work done on your car, now would be the time to do it at NAPA Auto-care while they are not mobbed with customers. I am sure they soon will be. I now have a steady place to take my cars for service.

bestmickey 08-16-2007 03:40 PM

Re: Pleasant Oil-Change experience

Great...THANKS for the info! I've been wondering what I'll do when I have to leave my trusty mechanic.

784caroline 08-22-2007 07:38 AM

rballruss
I have a 2001 E class MB and in the N Va area I relied upon local mechnics to fix things and change the oil rather than going to the MB dealer. Not withstanding the fact that there is no near-by MB dealer, have you found a mechnic experienced in working with european cars with access to parts. I am surprised that a NAPA dealer even had the oil filter for your CD Class. A brake job on a MB or a BMW is alot different than most american cars.
If you or anyone has a good mechanic familiar or better yet trained to work on european cars, please let us know!!

BTW I had an '82 240D and finally sold it with 267,000 miles. Best car I ever owned even had the original clutch in it!

Bubbalarry 09-07-2007 09:06 PM

Will be bringing my 1994 SL 500 this winter and of course have concerns on service since the closest dealer is miles away. So I will check this place out for service. It only has 36K and does not get driven outside up here in NJ during the winter. Now it's gonna spend it's winters in TV.

I hope it can adjust.