Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Are there any good Italian restaurants around? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/there-any-good-italian-restaurants-around-9344/)

Talk Host 08-18-2007 03:18 PM

Are there any good Italian restaurants around?

;D

Donna 08-18-2007 03:47 PM

Re: Are there any good Italian restaurants around?

Hey Jan,
You live here full time, you have to tell us!! LOL ;D

LG 08-19-2007 09:01 AM

Govanni's in Southern Trace is GREAT as is Little Joey's Baily Plazza :#1:

deej 08-19-2007 09:49 AM

We like Dominic's... Good food, good pizza, good service, friendly bar... perfect on a hot summer day..!

Frank2 08-19-2007 10:31 AM

In Leesburg, Naples is among the better Italian restaurants.

Enjoy. :bigthumbsup:

Patty 08-19-2007 10:50 AM

My preference is for the calamari at Giovanni's over Little Joey's. For caesar salad, my preference is Isabella's. Although Isabellas is not Italian per se, it is mediterranean and has a variety of Greek, Italian, Spanish tapas, etc.

villager99 08-19-2007 06:32 PM

giovanni's in southern trace, dominics in sumter landing, mom's and dad's in lady lake(delivers to villages via go go gourmet)

zcaveman 08-19-2007 08:47 PM

I always liked Augustines. Unfortunately it is gone. Dominic's had very weak marinara sauce and tough sausages. Never went back.

opbob77 09-17-2007 02:14 PM

The concensus among us Italians is the Naples Resturant in Leesburg.

Frank2 09-18-2007 07:28 AM

Opbob,

:agree:

Oh, no.. now the secret is out!

However, I hope eveyone has a chance to enjoy the great cuisine and reasonable prices at Naples. :bigthumbsup:

JUREK 09-18-2007 07:57 AM

NAPLES IN LEESBURG BELLA LUNA IN OCALA :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

maurgino 09-18-2007 10:12 AM

My 2 favorite Italian restaurants are Giovannis in the villages and Little Joey's on 27/441

rdhdleo 09-22-2007 02:38 PM

We've never tried Naples yet will have to do that! Augustine's was the absolute worst food I have ever had, we even gave it a second and third chance and each time it was horrible. Prego out of a jar was better. We have never had a bad dinner at Dominics and have eaten there many times. Their garlic bread twists are to die for. Svc. has been slow a couple of times but I think like many restaurants in the Villages turnover of help sometimes leaves them shorthanded. Giovannis is pretty good, Little Joey's is good value nice place but Phil's in Belleview (suddenly gone) was wonderful!!!!

Fallchicks2 09-24-2007 11:26 AM

javascript:void(0); with Frank. I vote for Naples!
javascript:void(0);

Taltarzac 09-24-2007 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zcaveman
I always liked Augustines. Unfortunately it is gone. Dominic's had very weak marinara sauce and tough sausages. Never went back.

Thought Dominics was very average food while the price seemed anything but average, i.e. high for the quality of food. I have only been there once though.

I like the little pizzas at Katie Belles. Anyone else like those? They seem reasonably priced too.