Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Compulsive non-stop talkers drive me crazy! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/compulsive-non-stop-talkers-drive-me-crazy-93575/)

Villages PL 11-02-2013 07:42 PM

Compulsive non-stop talkers drive me crazy!

Post deleted.

LynnDeb 11-02-2013 07:47 PM

Did you ever tell him how you really feel?? Let him know you're not friends?

Barefoot 11-02-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villages PL (Post 773126)
I'm in a room with one now. I told him I'm trying to concentrate. "Oh", he said, "can't you concentrate and listen at the same time?" "No", I said, "not really. Sometimes when I'm on the computer I need to concentrate." So then he starts talking out loud to himself, which is just as bad. He kept doing that and trying to engage me in conversation. Now I realize it's just compulsive with some people.

Do I ever want to talk to him? No, not really, (the things he wants to talk about are of no interest to me) but he thinks we are friends. Did you ever meet someone who starts talking to you non-stop and then because you are polite enough to listen, they think you're a friend?

Ummmm ... if he is not your friend, and you have no interest in talking to him, then why is he at your house? Or are you in an Internet Cafe?

PammyJ 11-02-2013 08:01 PM

This makes me sad. You did not give enough info on who and why you are with this person who annoys you so.
There are some people for various reasons that don't have appropriate social skills.

2BNTV 11-02-2013 08:10 PM

Some people are not self concious of what effect they have on people.

I have a friend that makes conversation difficult because he can't reign his mind in to stay on the subject. He also speaks sooooooo fast it is difficult to comprehend what he is saying but then again, maybe it's my hearing. :smiley:

If he is a true friend, you can politly tell him your concerns.

Villages PL 11-02-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LynnDeb (Post 773131)
Did you ever tell him how you really feel?? Let him know you're not friends?

Well, he thinks he's being nice and I think he's trying to be nice, so I don't want to hurt his feelings. Although, I came very close to telling him that I'm not interested in talking. I thought by now he would get the hint but he doesn't even pay attention when I tell him I'm trying to concentrate.

Villages PL 11-02-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 773135)
Ummmm ... if he is not your friend, and you have no interest in talking to him, then why is he at your house? Or are you in an Internet Cafe?

He's not in my house.

Villages PL 11-02-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PammyJ (Post 773150)
This makes me sad. You did not give enough info on who and why you are with this person who annoys you so.
There are some people for various reasons that don't have appropriate social skills.

Well, it's a long story: (story deleted)

missypie 11-02-2013 09:10 PM

I understand. Grandchildren are a big topic. I have one myself. You have to excuse yourself and leave. I know your grandchild is brilliant beyond words and is in all the right classes, but Although I am happy for you, I really have no interest unless I know you personally.

Happinow 11-02-2013 09:59 PM

Pay attention

I find it odd that he shows up where you are as often as he does. Be careful, he may be just lonely or he could be stalking you

LynnDeb 11-03-2013 12:05 AM

It sounds to me he's lonely looking for a friend. Since you're not interested, don't allow him in your house, tell him your busy.

sueandskip 11-03-2013 12:53 AM

Nip it in the bud

I would end it at once....This doesn't feel right to me.....Simply tell them to leave you alone or you will have the police take care of it....

cookie4re 11-03-2013 01:14 AM

Sound like someone i know motormouth. I just listen i dont engage because i will be overpowered. Lol

jblum315 11-03-2013 04:52 AM

I have a "friend" who constantly talks to me about people I don't know and don't expect to meet - how brilliant they are, how brilliant their children are, how ill their husbands are, who died in their family, on and on and on. I can't be rude and say "I don't care" and I can't just walk away. I could scream but that doesn't seem appropriate. Yechh.

graciegirl 11-03-2013 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sueandskip (Post 773229)
I would end it at once....This doesn't feel right to me.....Simply tell them to leave you alone or you will have the police take care of it....

I had never thought about calling the police on my friends who are motormouths.

I will have to think about that.