Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Wish they would get a Boston Market in the Villages. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/wish-they-would-get-boston-market-villages-9454/)

Taltarzac 08-26-2007 11:50 AM

Wish they would get a Boston Market in the Villages.

I do not see any Boston Market restaurants in the Villages. http://www.bostonmarket.com/location...=12&submit.y=9 Wish they would get one as I really miss the one I used to go to in Palm Harbor, FL. That's a little too far to go (about 100 miles) from here to Palm Harbor to get a meal.

MaryKayDiva 09-01-2007 08:06 PM

Re: Wish they would get a Boston Market in the Villages.

Here here I second that!!! WE also need a KRISPY KREME!!!!

Talk Host 09-02-2007 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryKayDiva
Here here I second that!!! WE also need a KRISPY KREME!!!!

How will you maintain your "girlish" figure eating Krispy Kreme? ;D

MaryKayDiva 09-02-2007 12:43 PM

Who cares its worth it!!!! :)

chuckinca 09-02-2007 02:52 PM

Both are Yuck City !

They opened a Krispy Kreme in our town about five years ago and there was a line of cars 50 long 24/7 for the first two months it was open. Now they can't give em away.

Read that McDonalds is trying to sell Boston Market.

LovinItAtTheVillages 11-15-2007 04:51 AM

I have lived in The Boston Burbs for all my life..and here their reputation is not good...lots of them have been closed down for sanitation reasons..
my brother in law is a cop in an area where they have one..and he says they have their chicken thawing overnight on floor in buckets and rats are in there nibbling on it..YUKKK

Taltarzac 11-17-2007 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LovinItAtTheVillages
I have lived in The Boston Burbs for all my life..and here their reputation is not good...lots of them have been closed down for sanitation reasons..
my brother in law is a cop in an area where they have one..and he says they have their chicken thawing overnight on floor in buckets and rats are in there nibbling on it..YUKKK

A particular Boston Market would only be as good as its manager/staff/etc. You probably will encounter good ones and bad ones in various communities in which they are located. They would seem to vary more in quality say than a Wendys, Burger King, or a McDonalds. ???

redwitch 11-18-2007 12:51 PM

Another vote for a Boston Market. At least the ones in the Bay Area were good!

Having a Dunkin Donuts is bad enough. The last thing I want near me is a Krispy Kreme. After seeing my b'day pics, I really need to drop a lot more pounds. sigh

Skip 11-22-2007 02:44 AM

Boston Market is owned by (privately held) Sun Capital Partners who will open a Friendly's in The Villages next year. They also own Bruegger's Bagels and Fazoli's Italian. Maybe they have plans for all those here too.

Skip

TIGER 01-06-2008 03:34 PM

I WOULDNT VOTE FOR A BOSWTON MARKET AFTER MY LAST VISIT TO ONE. I HAD A LIVE BUG IN MY SALAD. KIND OF TURNED ME OFF TO THE PLACE.

Taltarzac 01-06-2008 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGER
I WOULDNT VOTE FOR A BOSWTON MARKET AFTER MY LAST VISIT TO ONE. I HAD A LIVE BUG IN MY SALAD. KIND OF TURNED ME OFF TO THE PLACE.

The Boston Market's differ because of various management teams at each place. They are a franchise are they not? I have never had any problems like that with the Boston Markets I visted in the Tampa Bay area.

TIGER 01-09-2008 03:18 AM

RE: BOSTON MARKET,

YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE HAD A PROBLEM BUT I SURE DID. YOU ARE LUCKY... TIGER