Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Lifestyle Preview (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/lifestyle-preview-9476/)

kitscottage 08-29-2007 09:03 AM

Lifestyle Preview

Does anyone know if you can visit TV more than once on a Lifestyle Preview? I know you can visit as often as you would like, but how many times can you get the free meal/entertainment gift cards?

bamafan 08-29-2007 09:27 AM

Re: Lifestyle Preview

As far as I know you only get the freebies one time. You can always ask for a second trip, I guess it would depend on how bad they want to sell homes. My wife and I have been going to TV for 2 years and we just used our preview in July. I must say it was great. Prior to the preview we rented homes for the weeks that we were there. Go to www.****.comgo to florida, find thevillages and there are lots of very reasonalble rentals available. Some include golf car some do not.

LG 08-29-2007 09:40 AM

RIGHT NOW THEY ARE BEGGING PEOPLE TO COME BACK AND OFFERING THEM A SECOND AND THIRD SHOT AT IT

trumbull 08-29-2007 07:22 PM

We are coming down on 9/9/07 for 6 days for our second lifestyle preview.

golfnut 08-29-2007 07:40 PM

As I recall there have been some people that posted here that said they used it 3 times.

darbyduff 08-29-2007 09:33 PM

Next week will be our 3rd with freebees!!! I told them that we were coming down to buy and had already been there twice before and she said that she would be glad to have us take all the freebees- Katie Belles, Golf etc. Hey, who's going to argue!!! Doesn't seem to matter how many times you visit TV (at least for now)

nanci2539 09-05-2007 04:08 PM

This is our third trip (in Nov) and our second Life Preview stay.

B26 fan 09-05-2007 08:15 PM

We are coming down in December for our 2nd preview. We still have so many questions and hopefully will get most of them answered this time.

ripwho 09-05-2007 09:17 PM

Never did the 'preview' deal yet... where exactly are the accomodations located? is it still $100-$150 per night depending on time of year the visit occurs? Thanks all!!!

blueeagle65 09-05-2007 09:27 PM

We did it twice before we bought and had a free trip while we were designing our house.

Peazoup 09-24-2007 03:16 PM

blueeagle65 - what do you mean by "free trip"?. I have been on one Lifestyle Preview already, but have never heard of a free trip. Could TV be that hungry??? :-*

blueeagle65 10-18-2007 08:54 AM

Peazoup - the 'free' trip was when we came down and designed our house. No Village Dollars, but we were not charged for lodging while we were here.

pili 10-18-2007 09:27 AM

We'll be visiting TV for our first lifestyle preview next May. What's included "free"? I was told by agent the lodging was between $100 and $150. What's provided free other than a lunch or dinner? Thank you.

Pili

gigi22 10-18-2007 09:45 AM

We're coming down for a third time. It isn't free. It's costing us $125 a night, which is still a great deal considering that they're putting us up in one of the cottages and you get the free meals). You get free dinners at Katie Belles (you can eat upstairs (Cattleman's Club?) where the meals can cost $75), lunch at Arnold Palmer's, dinner at the Cane GardenCountry Club and dinner at the Lighthouse restaurant (I might not have the names of the restaurants quite right). Oh, and a lunch at the Sumter Landing headquarters. You get two rounds of golf, and tennis. Could be other things that I'm forgetting. The number of dinners depends on how long you're going to stay. The first time we stayed for a week. The last two times have been for a few days. They know that we've sold our home and we're going to buy, so that may make a difference as to whether you get a third Preview.

Peggy D 10-18-2007 09:54 AM

Just got a call yesterday from TV Guest Relations asking us if we wanted to visit again on the Lifestyle Preview. Was told until Dec 30th, they are offering a second "Preview" to those who have already visited. We were there last Oct.

Although its not "free", its still a great deal and a good way to experience TV lifestyle.