Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   VILLAGES BUILDING RAMPING UP (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/villages-building-ramping-up-9479/)

LG 08-29-2007 09:41 AM

VILLAGES BUILDING RAMPING UP

HEARD THAT THEY ARE RELEASING 60 HOMES A WEEK TO THE CONTRACTORS..... Guess they don't read the paper much :o

DickY 08-29-2007 01:46 PM

Re: VILLAGES BUILDING RAMPING UP

I keep hoping this means that there will be deals out there when I am ready to buy next May ;D

mzmom3 08-29-2007 03:58 PM

Does anyone know how their selling is going? It's been hot in the past, but real estate is slowing all over. Has TV been affected by the slump in any substantial way?

samhass 08-29-2007 04:19 PM

I think they have been affected somewhat, but..there are lots of baby boomers and other retirees out there.
Additionally, it seems many retirees from the coastal areas are moving inland. Granted many of them are having difficulty selling their homes elsewhere, but this too shall pass. Everything is cyclical.

Bubbalarry 08-29-2007 04:25 PM

Slowing down but still selling to baby boomer's. When I bought in early August heard of 69 homes sold in July.
They are offering discounts along with paid closing costs.

bamafan 08-29-2007 08:22 PM

We signed papers to buy our home end of July On talking with our realtor the first of Aug. we were told they had sold 300 homes in the month of July. Not their best month, but not a slouch either. Everybody wants to go to Florida and especially TV.

noleguy 08-29-2007 09:07 PM

Hard to tell there is a slump in TV. See one or two moving vans in our village (Amelia) daily.

darbyduff 08-29-2007 09:17 PM

We had given up on buying a Designer because since we were down in March, the prices had gone way up BUT our sales lady Emailed us today and said she had a couple of our favorite designer models that had been deeply discounted so it fell into our price range!!! (Only problem-It sits on a busy street, by the sewage plant and the train goes through the living room daily!!!! :joke:) I hope I'm just joking...we'll see!!

Remember, tomorrow at 3:00, we'll be homeless!!!! YEAH :hot:

bamafan 08-30-2007 07:10 AM

DD I know how you feel I am homeless, But today 8/30 at around 2pm I will be a newbie Village Person.

samhass 08-30-2007 10:00 AM

Welcome Bamafan!!!!

golfnut 08-30-2007 02:00 PM

DD, as of right now you better be homeless, bama where did you end up buying. We are in Belvedere and love it there.

bamafan 08-30-2007 08:03 PM

Golfnut, We be village people :hot: In Duval will not be fulltime until end of Jan 08

golfnut 08-30-2007 08:30 PM

DD must be out celebrating, bama, I know right where Duval is, we have good friends there (from home in MI) otherwise everyone we've met in TV are good friends.

darbyduff 09-02-2007 04:26 PM

Hey Bama,

Howdy neighbor.. We need to exchange info!!!! address's etc Can't wait to meet you!!!

Barefoot 09-03-2007 10:20 PM

Golfnut, where in Belvedere do you live? We are also in Belvedere!

PJ & Rick