Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   WE JUST BOUGHT SITE UNSEEN. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/we-just-bought-site-unseen-9504/)

darbyduff 08-30-2007 09:43 PM

WE JUST BOUGHT SITE UNSEEN.

Here I am talking about the Villas etc and all of a sudden our sales lady called us today...Gave us a good deal and we have a contract on a Designer Jasmine, site unseen and closed on our home at the same time. We are homeless and a bit nervous. Hey Kar Guy- We are neighbors--- Duval!!! Help me Rhonda!!!!

golfnut 08-30-2007 09:50 PM

Re: WE JUST BOUGHT SITE UNSEEN.

So technically you were never homeless, good for you DD, so it looks like you don't need the preview. I thought you were set on buying a villa. We also have a Jasmine, we have really enjoyed it, didn't buy sight unseen but we did close by mail which was different.

bamafan 08-30-2007 10:08 PM

Hey DD, I just knew you would end up in Duval. Do you know what street? Closed on mine today. Now you can come to the Villages on your preview and enjoy yourself. Things will get hectic. By the way go to the Duval site: http://villageofduval.googlepages.com Bamafan, Roll Tide Football is here :hot:

darbyduff 08-30-2007 11:00 PM

Oh Bama!

I know.... Wasn't I just saying Villa, Villa, Villa. And then a pretty Designer winks her eye and I'm off and running!

Yup- We have an address- Its (I had to go look) tada!!!! 2757 Persimmon Loop! We close on 9-26 AUGH!!!!!!

So you have a Jasmine????? How did you handle the dark LR? I didn't realize that would be a problem. Oh- Got a good deal AND a walk in shower!!! How long have you been in your home???? You know, give me the scoop!!!!

darbyduff 08-30-2007 11:03 PM

Hey, now we have a place to party!!! Barefoot, Kar Guy, Nancy and Karen!!!!! Talk to me!!!

golfnut 08-31-2007 06:29 AM

We bought in January 2005. As for the dark LR we had a large solar tube put in near the kitchen sink, it lights up not only the middle of the kitchen quite nicely (on a Sunny day you need to wear sunglasses* 8) in the kitchen) but also throws light into the dining room, we also put a small tube in the guest bath which lights up both the bath and hallway. I never really thought that the LR was all that dark, we have the stacking sliding door walls to the lanai, what do you have??

F16 1UB 08-31-2007 06:38 AM

You go girl. Ya only live once and we both know the house. :bigthumbsup: :#1: :welcome: Isn't it amazing what the realtors can produce. Happy for you.

Steve

golfnut 08-31-2007 08:12 AM

DD, here's a picture of our solar tube in the kitchen. http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...s012007087.jpg

villages07 08-31-2007 08:19 AM

Darby...congrats to you; I certainly hope your realtor took and sent you lots of pictures (of the house, lot, views, floors, carpet, cabinets, neighborhood, etc) and gave you the full spec sheet on what comes with the house so that you have at least a 'virtual' picture of what you're getting into.

Are you still coming down next week to do the 'preview'...or in your case a 'post'view.

Dreams do come true...good for you.

kar guy 08-31-2007 08:27 AM

I AM A LITTLE JEALOUS OF YOU DD.... ALSO VERY HAPPY FOR YOU..... DIDN'T YOU MENTION THAT YOU HAD DOGS AND THATS WHY YOU WERE DOING THE "VILLA" THING?.. THATS OK YOU CAN USE MY VILLA FOR YOUR DOGS. LOTS OF LUCK AND SEE YOU WHEN WE GET DOWN. DUVALL IS ONE AREA THAT WE ARE LOOKING INTO. TAKE CARE KAR GUY

rsetterlund 08-31-2007 11:06 AM

Golfnut,

Can you post more pictures of your kitchen? The one with the solar light looks good, but we would like to see more.

We are TV wannabes and trying to get as much info from current owners.

Thanks.

larrydube 08-31-2007 01:03 PM

golfnut

What model do you have?

rballruss 08-31-2007 01:17 PM

Congratulations!!!!! Darbyduff! :welcome: to The Villages!

samhass 08-31-2007 01:25 PM

I love those solar tubes.

ouma1938 08-31-2007 05:50 PM

Darbyduff I am sooooo happy for you :clap2: And if you look closely you will see a little bit of green in this post. Its me, green with envy. But I know we will be able to sell and get down to a life in TV early next year. Happy closings and here's to a wonderful new life! :hot: :2cool: