Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Visiting the Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/visiting-villages-9559/)

mobruce 09-03-2007 09:58 AM

Visiting the Villages

We are hoping to visit the Villages this coming spring. My wife works at a college and their Spring Break is the most convenient time for her to get away (mid-March). We are planning to bring my wife's sister and her husband who are also looking at retirement options.

Are we better off renting a villa or a ranch?

If we book thru The Villages, do they still give promotional dollars to be spent on golf, dining, etc.?

We will also be playing golf and visiting the various neighborhoods. Will we need to rent a golf cart?

We welcome answers to these questions or other suggestions that might help us plan this trip.

Mobruce

elaineshere 09-03-2007 11:40 AM

Re: Visiting the Villages

:welcome: Future Visitors

My Husband and I visited the Villages in May of 2007. We rented a 2 Bedroom Patio Villa for $475 for the week through the Village Sales.We did get a card to use at Different restraunts . We didn't have to pay much for eating out. It was Great!! We loved the Villages and hope to maybe visit again in November. We will be looking to buy very soon!!! We also did rent a golf cart for a day just to try it out. It was so much fun :bigthumbsup:

Enjoy Your Stay :)

Joe & Elaine

ouma1938 09-03-2007 12:05 PM

My husband and I went to TV for 4 days in early August 2007. We rented a "cottage" through TV offices for $100 a day. Terrific place with 2 bedrooms and a den. We also rented a golf cart through the cart place on Canal Street (I forget the name) and had a blast driving around and exploring and even getting lost. Everyone there is so great though, if we pulled the cart to the side of the trail and looked at a map, people stopped and asked if we needed help. The friendliest bunch in the world! TV gave us each a card that gave us some free meals at various restuarants, we could use the facilities, play golf, and also included a free movie ticket for each of us at the theaters. We also spent half a day with a sales guy who took us around to see the various homes and explained all the ins and outs of buying and getting set up. It was just wonderful and we are now getting set up to put on the market and move to Paradise as soon as we can. I hated to leave!!!

Barefoot 09-03-2007 12:36 PM

We had an amazing "preview" three days in the cottages last March, fabulous free meals galore, we were so busy we hardly sat down!! Couldn't find time for the free movie, too busy rocking on at the Town Squares. Our Village sales rep was great, and showed us VLS listings. We also found a great MLS agent .. we found MLS listings in the Daily Sun, so could cover all bases. Met loads of friendly people everywhere we went .. we left for the drive home at 3 PM because we couldn't force ourselves on the road earlier. When we got home we bought a Villa sight unseen (tho we had looked at similar models). I think TV is like a drug, it gets in your veins, it renders you incapable of resisting the place, all you can think about is getting back there. I am counting the days until Oct. 26 when we return. ;D ;D ;D