Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   What's your feeling about having Village restaurants/bars open until 1 or 2AM? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/whats-your-feeling-about-having-village-restaurants-bars-open-until-1-2am-9575/)

Frank2 09-04-2007 03:27 PM

What's your feeling about having Village restaurants/bars open until 1 or 2AM?

Does it benefit Village residents having restaurant/bars open until 1 or 2 AM?

Let's have some input on this subject.

Am I the only one who doesn't support this practice? :dontknow:

MMC24 09-04-2007 03:49 PM

Re: What's your feeling about having Village restaurants/bars open until 1 or 2AM?

Given my age and disposition, I can't imagine staying out to the wee hours any more. So places in TV staying open would not be a benefit to me. Maybe some residents would able to take advantage of this but I'll be sleeping to get ready for my early tee time.

villages07 09-04-2007 03:53 PM

Re: What's your feeling about having Village restaurants/bars open until 1 or 2AM?

I wish more places were open past 9 pm....but I think 11pm or midnight is more than enough. 1 or 2 am will not draw that much of a crowd and may draw more outsiders than insiders (other than our contingent of night owls and insomniacs). I can't imagine it is economically viable to stay open that late. I'd vote for a couple of restaurants "on the campus" that serve dinner til 10 pm.

Avista 09-04-2007 04:04 PM

I can't imagine staying up that late. I'm sound asleep by then! :dontknow:

Becky 09-04-2007 04:27 PM

I won't be in them at 1 or 2am! But also would like someplaces open after 9pm to eat.

Becky

chacam 09-04-2007 04:28 PM

11 PM is late enough. It would be nice to have a place top go for a piece of pie and a cuppa joe.

Frank2 09-04-2007 04:45 PM

Chacam,

For that cup o' joe and the pie,,try Perkins restaurant. They're open to at least 10PM.

Donna 09-04-2007 04:50 PM

I like to eat late at night, too..I think there should be places open to eat till at least 11...Just my opinion.. :dontknow:

bestmickey 09-04-2007 05:10 PM

While I won't be in TV until summer '08, I'd like to share my opinion. I would like restaurants to serve until 10 pm, even if it's a lighter menu offering after 9 pm. I'd also like to see bars open until midnight.

kar guy 09-04-2007 05:12 PM

BOTH BARS AND RESTRAUNTS OPEN TILL MIDNIGHT WOULD BE FINE IN MY EYES. KAR GUY

jtdraig 09-04-2007 05:13 PM

Re: What's your feeling about having Village restaurants/bars open until 1 or 2A

I say, Rock On until the late hours of the night...... :arrow: :hot: :2cool:

bamafan 09-04-2007 05:58 PM

My bedtime is 10:30 Gotta get up to play golf.

JohnZ 09-04-2007 06:08 PM

The market place will decide this issue. If there is a demand....there will be a supply. 'Nuff said.

Hancle704 09-04-2007 08:53 PM

I believe that they might remain open until 1 and 2 PM, if there is a demand and it is profitable. Since most of these establishments are open to all and not just Village Residents you will see many traveling through the community after an evening of partying. Cops love to nab DWI and DUI offenders, so they would be busier.

I have gone to many New Year's Eve Parties in TV and find tht most Village Residents are headed out the door shortly after Midnight.

handieman 09-04-2007 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnZ
The market place will decide this issue. If there is a demand....there will be a supply. 'Nuff said.

JohnZ

You make so much sense, it skeers me

:agree:

Handie :joke: