Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Best Crabcakes Anywhere? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/best-crabcakes-anywhere-9577/)

jtdraig 09-04-2007 05:06 PM

Best Crabcakes Anywhere?

This will freak out many of the Maryland faithful but the best darn crabcakes I EVER had..and, trust me, I do lOVE crabcakes was at a place called The Fireside Restaurant in Hagerstown, Maryland. I have eaten crabcakes all over the East Coast but NO ONE ever did as good at this place. It is in the Plaza Hotel which at one time was the Howard Johnson's Inn.

villages07 09-04-2007 06:43 PM

Re: Best Crabcakes Anywhere?

There's a place called Stoney's in Solomons Island MD reputed to be the best...I'll get to check them out in 2 weeks.

PJ 09-04-2007 08:34 PM

I LOVE crabcakes too. Have you tried the crabcakes at Cane Gardens. WOW. They are awesome! I heard the chef there is from MD, maybe that's why they're so good... :)

MMC24 09-04-2007 09:16 PM

I'm heading to Cane Gardens tomorrow to check them out. I'll let you know.

MMC24 09-06-2007 12:56 PM

[quote=MMC24 ]
I'm heading to Cane Gardens tomorrow to check them out. I'll let you know.

OK, I went to Cane Gardens for the crab cakes. They were very very good and very comparable to ones found in Maryland. :bigthumbsup:

golfnut 09-06-2007 08:26 PM

Are they an entre or an appetizer?

jtdraig 09-08-2007 09:24 AM

Soon as I get back from Vermont, I will be reporting to my favorite hangout and ordering crab cakes to do the comparison test! Tha'nks for the tip.

SteveFromNY 09-11-2007 12:06 PM

They may not have been the best, but I had really good crabcakes in Ruby Tuesday's (in Phila) over the weekend. It's a special they are running and I don't know if Ruby Tuesday's in TV has them. But worth a try either as an appetizer, or on ther crab-burger! Nice tangy sauce too! :clap2:

pajames 03-21-2008 02:17 AM

My wife and I grew up around the Chesapeake Bay in MD. We've eaten seafood our whole live, MD syle crab cakes are the best. The best we have had since moving to TV are at The Village Eatery. Behind the Perkins on 441, in the shopping center. The guy who owns this place is from Baltimore, MD. Try the crab cakes and ask for a little Old Bay seasoning on the side.

Villages Kahuna 03-24-2008 02:32 PM

We'll Try That Village Eatery Place, But...

...the crabcakes at Tierra del Sol CC are pretty good. The owner of the restaurant there is from Maryland and he makes his with almost all lump blue crab meat, very little if any filler or binder. They need a little more Old Bay's for our taste, but that's easy to understand and fix "on the side". Whenever we need a "crab cake fix" we head for Tierra del Sol CC.

Just Susan 03-24-2008 03:06 PM

Tierra del Sol, Cane Gardens, and the Village Eatery...Thank you all for the good eating tips. :bigthumbsup:

Crab cakes with little or no filler/binder, and big lumps are IMHO the food of the gods. The cakes at Ruby Tuesday's (Twin Cities, MN) are a surprising "wonderful", better than most expensive restaurants we have been to.

This is timely information for us as we will be in TV from the 4th to the 13th of April. We will try at least one of these places...can't wait. :hot: :hot: :hot: :2excited:

marianne237 03-28-2008 12:05 AM

I agree that the best crab cakes we've had since moving to TV are at The Village Eatery in Spanish Springs.

renielarson 03-28-2008 01:07 AM

Susan & Tom

We'll be in TV the same time...maybe we could go crabcake hunting together.

One of our favs!

Just Susan 03-28-2008 02:55 AM

:agree: That sounds like a wonderful idea. Lets do it. :bigthumbsup:
Susan

renielarson 03-28-2008 03:04 AM

This could turn into quite an adventure...looking forward to it!