Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Houses of Worship in the Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/houses-worship-villages-75/)
-   -   St. Vincent de Paul Roman Catholic Church (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/houses-worship-villages-75/st-vincent-de-paul-roman-catholic-church-9597/)

Hancle704 09-05-2007 10:21 PM

St. Vincent de Paul Roman Catholic Church

St. Vincent de Paul Roman Catholic Church is very close to the main north south Villages Roads that connect to CR 466A. It has grown from a Mission Church to a Parish Church in the past 2 years. There are plans being finalized to build new church on the same property to meet the growing needs of Villagers.

To learn more about St. Vincent de Paul visit Parish website at:
http://www.sumtercatholic.org/

dadspet 09-06-2007 10:22 AM

Re: St. Vincent de Paul Roman Catholic Church

Great news! I hate to stand in church for an hour but I'm not sure where they will get the parking they will need to go along with the expanded seating.

Hancle704 09-06-2007 10:35 AM

:welcome:Until the new Church is built there will be some crowding and shortage of seats during snowbird season at the 4 PM Saturday Mass. There has always been plenty of parking spaces however. The 5:45 PM Mass on Saturday always has no seating problems. On Sunday the 1:00 and 5:45PM Masses are not crowded.

JUREK 09-06-2007 12:10 PM

GREAT NEWS INDEED: THANKS FOR THE INFO :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

gfmucci 02-13-2008 01:33 AM

Here is a reply to a recent inquiry I sent:

From St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Wildwood.

We currently have a seating capacity of from 450 to 500 per Mass. Our new church building which will be complete in October of 2009 will seat 1700 per Mass. It will be about 500 seats more than St Timothy's and the largest church in the Orlando diocese. That capacity plus the fact that St Marks, which is on route 42 on the other side of The Villages from us, is also building a new church and it will be similar in seating capacity to St Timothy's should allow less crowding at St Timothys as well as allow our new 1700 seat church to seat people comfortably. We are also aware of the traffic problems that St Timothys has and will be designing our new parking lot to help with more efficent exit and entrance. It is a blessing that Florida, or at least centreal Florida needs more churchs not less like some of the other states at this time.

hiltonbm 10-29-2008 06:09 AM

Mass question

howdy..
We're somewhat new to TV... Do any of the local parishes have a Latin service..? We're coming in from Baltimore where I'm a lecture & EM at the Basilica of the Assumption.
Thnx...

johnfarr 10-29-2008 01:01 PM

St Mark

St Mark's new Church is under construction, with a capacity, including the chapel will be almost 1700. as well.

Hancle704 01-12-2009 11:28 PM

Update on St Vincent de Paul's Church

Quote:

Originally Posted by gfmucci (Post 105734)

We currently have a seating capacity of from 450 to 500 per Mass. Our new church building which will be complete in October of 2009 will seat 1700 per Mass. It will be about 500 seats more than St Timothy's and the largest church in the Orlando diocese. That capacity plus the fact that St Marks, which is on route 42 on the other side of The Villages from us, is also building a new church and it will be similar in seating capacity to St Timothy's should allow less crowding at St Timothys as well as allow our new 1700 seat church to seat people comfortably. We are also aware of the traffic problems that St Timothys has and will be designing our new parking lot to help with more efficent exit and entrance. It is a blessing that Florida, or at least centreal Florida needs more churchs not less like some of the other states at this time.

While the quoted capacity indicates seating for 450-500 per Mass, the Saturday 4PM Mass has had more that 600 recently resulting in many folks standing with no space and poor air circulation. Despite statements that a new Church would be constructed in the first wave of new churches built in the Orlando Diocese and contrary to earlier plans that construction would start in 2008 parishioners were informed a few months ago that start of construction was changed to Feb 2009. An announcement was made this past weekend at Masses that construction wont start in February due to need to re-examine budget. So for the time being there is no definitive schedule for construction and completion. Attendance at Masses continues to increase and at some Masses it is standing room only. Suggest that anyone wishing to attend Mass on Saturday wait till the 5:45 Mass if you want to get a seat.

graciegirl 01-13-2009 08:38 AM

My friends who attend St Vincent de Paul say that the Pastor received his Holy Orders after he was widowed and is a warm and friendly person. I think it is St Vincents. Is that correct?

fraurauch 01-13-2009 10:22 AM

Yes, he's a widower. He's a sweet guy. Talks about his grandchildren all the time.

chachacha 03-02-2009 12:06 PM

have decided to join...

just wanted to add that i decided to join st. vincent's parish because i always feel the mass is really meaningful and full of the holy spirit...i have had to stand up twice but it is worth it.....

The Monk 04-25-2009 11:05 AM

In reality, St Mark will e the largest catholic church in the diocese with 1700 seats.

Construction of the new church at st vincent has been postponed.

St Mark is now under construction and will be completed in December of 2009.

The people at St Mark are the friendliest bunch of people alond with the pastor who is always welcoming people as they enter for Mass.

Hancle704 04-27-2009 06:50 PM

Mass Attendance

Just saw the Sunday Bulletin from St Vincent de Paul and it indicated that there were 956 people at the Easter Sunday 10:00AM Mass.Where did they put everyone? Guess it was a good thing that they did not have any medical emergencies or a visit from Fire Marshall. I read previously that the capacity of existing building is 500.

Hancle704 04-28-2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

We currently have a seating capacity of from 450 to 500 per Mass. Our new church building which will be complete in October of 2009 will seat 1700 per Mass. It will be about 500 seats more than St Timothy's and the largest church in the Orlando diocese. .

Have you gotten any updates on this recently?

bonnybrook 11-23-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Did you get the new church and are able to seat more at mass