Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Any Interest in TOTV Shirts? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/any-interest-totv-shirts-9634/)

REDCART 09-09-2007 05:31 PM

Any Interest in TOTV Shirts?

TalkHost, I know you're in the Blog business but as part of the TOTV advertising initiative, have you considered offering bright yellow, lime green, or hunter's orange shirts with TOTV on the breast? It would not only identify all of the TOTV members in TV but it would be a living billboard for TOTV. After all it's exposure you're after. You might even be able to find a vendor willing to take orders and ship directly, eliminating any work on your part. The profit would be in the free advertising for you!

Frangyomory 09-09-2007 05:41 PM

Re: Any Interest in TOTV Shirts?

If they didn't cost more than $12 I would buy one and wear it proudly. You would have to offer from small adult to 3XXX to get everyone's size included. If you do decide to do this, hope you will post it in LARGE print on the site. :agree:

JohnZ 09-09-2007 06:09 PM

Exellent idea gr! :bigthumbsup: Perhaps advertisers/sponsors might chip-in for logo placement (wink) if some idea of market exposure could be made. Shirts style should be golf/polo.....so they could be worn on the golf courses. Again.....good idea. I say.....start a new topic and poll the forum.......take it away gryoung!!!!

rballruss 09-09-2007 06:27 PM

hmmmmm...advertiser logo on shirt.....I might be in for that.

judylou 09-09-2007 06:42 PM

I would certainly be interested but only if the shirts were 50/50. Not that cheap 100% cotton stuff that has to be ironed and shrinks up. I think it is a wonderful idea.

Talk Host 09-09-2007 09:43 PM

Interesting that you should mention this. We have been discussing this very thing. It has been my experience (40 years in the radio business) that people usually do not wear T-shirts after they have them. It can be an expensive proposition to get enough T-shirts out there to do any good.

I would love to have hundreds of people going around with Talk of The Villages shirts. If there is enough interest, and if people would actually wear them, I would be glad to organize the initiative. In fact I am currently talking to a new advertiser who is in that business. Let's see where the discussion goes. If there is sufficient interest, why not?

ouma1938 09-09-2007 09:50 PM

I just signed yes on the poll and would love a TOTV shirt. Only thing is, I'd probably have to buy several becuase I don't know how long its going to take to sell our house and I will most likely go through several shirts before I get down to TV. In the meantime it will be fun explaining to everyone one in SC what TOTV is!

golfnut 09-10-2007 06:38 AM

I vote yes, but like you said I'd stay away from the t-shirt and go with a golf shirt.

ripwho 09-10-2007 07:01 AM

I'll go for a Golf shirt.... (being I still live close to Buffalo NY can I get mine with long sleeves???? ;D )

patfinn 09-10-2007 08:43 AM

Count me in! That would be fun - being able to recognize our fellow TOTV friends.

eujaynia 09-10-2007 02:48 PM

Re: (Kids?) Any Interest in TOTV Shirts?

Not to throw a bolt into the screw bucket but . . . Guess I need,

"MY GRANDMA IS A TOTV JUNKIE!" shirts for all the grandkids! hehehe...

Rebekah

Frangyomory 09-10-2007 07:47 PM

I vote yes for either t-shirt or golf shirt.....count me in for sure :bigthumbsup:

LAVNDR 09-12-2007 04:21 PM

I vote yes :bigthumbsup:

Hancle704 09-12-2007 08:32 PM

I also want a matching TOTV cap to go with the shirt to cover the scalp that is growing where my hair used to be.

Indy-Guy 09-14-2007 05:07 PM

Good idea! Hats and shirts then we have a rally at a town square and it help with membership and we will get a chance to meet each other.