Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   golf cart prices in the villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/golf-cart-prices-villages-9643/)

sinkboat 09-10-2007 06:33 AM

golf cart prices in the villages

does anyone else realize that the dealers in the villages are pricing there golfcarts 20-30% higher than the rest of the world?

bamafan 09-10-2007 07:09 AM

Re: golf cart prices in the villages

I do :agree: I looked at their cars back in July, did some pricing and found the exact same car for 1,000. less. When I tried to negotiate with them they were, to say the least very arrogant. Not only is the price of the car more, but they have 3 package upgrades filled with stuff you either do not need or have already paid for with the base car. Such as a sweater basket. It comes with the car, but they include it in package 1. Try to pick and choose what you want on your car and oh my gosh, its the package deal or hit the road My only advice is to shop around. I figure I will save $1000 to 1500.

nanci2539 09-11-2007 10:07 AM

This is true. We have friends who moved ti Iowa and they just bought a golf cart. The sales guy told them in conversation that most of his business is with TV. And he added that they just bought a cart 20% lower than what he sells to TV. Ironically, the cart conpany is based in our area so we may just buy a cart before we head to TV.

If he's selling the carts to TV with a 20% markup, I wonder what TV us making for profit!

darbyduff 09-11-2007 04:30 PM

Oh boy... That is good to know. We thought that the Villages would have to be competitive with all the other golf cart sales places around or else they couldn't stay in business...WRONG!!!!!

Thanks for the mighty timely tip!!! :bigthumbsup:

jjdees 09-11-2007 04:55 PM

When I visited with them in LSL, the sales guy implied that the dealers outside TV were not trustworthy. I found that surprising. In my experience, the retailers who are customer oriented never bad mouth their competitors. I also thought the prices were too high.

PJ 09-11-2007 09:23 PM

I bought my golf cart at Golf Cart Connections which is just North of TV on 441. I was pleased with them, they were nice and low-pressure to deal with, and got a better price than in TV. They take trade-ins too. Mine is a re-conditioned, a couple years old, but looks absolutely brand-new. It's an electric Club Car, so it's smooth, quiet, and clean-smelling. They're across the hi-way from WalMart.

darbyduff 09-11-2007 10:25 PM

Hey P.J,

When we were down there (TV) this past week..., we heard that Golf Club Connections was really good. We ran into 2 people that were very very pleased with their purchase from them. That is the first place we're going to try. One of the people we talked to showed us the upholstery and said that they reconditioned their cars better than anyone he has seen. His cart sure looked wonderful!

jjdees 09-12-2007 03:42 PM

Anyone have any experience with the Columbia Par Car? I understand that it was originally made by Harley Davidson and the golf cart company later was spun off from the HD company.

golfnut 09-12-2007 04:11 PM

Good friends of ours have a Par Car and they love it. I see plenty of them in TV. If I get another cart it will be on the top of my list.

bamafan 09-12-2007 08:34 PM

Darby, go to www.golfcartconnection.comyou will get an idea of what they do to remanufacture their carts. They don't give prices, but Club Car is a top of the line car. PJ what was your experience with them type car year electric price we need facts

chuckster 09-12-2007 09:02 PM

Bama:

Bought a "rebuilt" electric club car from golf cart connection 3 1/2 years ago. Still running great with original batteries (keep them serviced myself with distilled water). Came with full 3 year warranty and in addition had them service cart every 6 months. Very responsive to requests and friendly to deal with.

bamafan 09-12-2007 09:50 PM

Thanks Chuckster, Do you find the electric is the way to go?

PJ 09-12-2007 09:56 PM

DD & Bama,
I got my golf cart from Golf Cart Connection about a year ago. It's a 2001, rebuilt, electric. Looks brand new. I'm looking for my paperwork, as I'm not sure how much it cost - sorry. Will let you know as soon as I find it.

golfnut 09-13-2007 06:10 AM

I found the link above to the Golf Cart Connection very interesting.

chuckster 09-13-2007 08:49 AM

Bama:

Like the electric because it is quieter, doesn't have that gas and exhaust smell, or jerky acceleration with occassional backfiring. The big disadvantage I have is gas carts have a much better range compared to mine. Not exactly sure but it's 300-400 miles/ tank compared to my 40 miles/full charge.

I live near the center of the villages so for now 40 miles is enough. Having said all that I might look for a second cart that will be gas in a year or so. The newer ones I'm told are quieter and smoother running.

Since all is available by cart we might become a 2 cart family. Rarely use our auto for local trips.

I toured Golf Cart Connections Mt. Dora facility before buying 3+ years ago. If you have the chance it is well worth the trip.