Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   The Villages would be even better if............? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/villages-would-even-better-if-9704/)

Talk Host 09-15-2007 11:37 AM

The Villages would be even better if............?

The lifestyle in The Villages is pretty good. Nothing is perfect. What would make your life here even better?

samhass 09-15-2007 11:39 AM

Re: The Villages would be even better if............?

A Costco!

jjdees 09-15-2007 03:48 PM

I'll second that.

chuckinca 09-15-2007 05:39 PM

Just got back from Costco - retired folks can't afford spending $200 every time they need a box of Tide or a roll of TP.

A Washington Mutual Bank Branch would be nice.

villager99 09-15-2007 07:12 PM

home delivery service from grocery stores is a northern city service i miss her in tv. but with no snow and cold the need is certainly less of a priority.

ouma1938 09-15-2007 08:42 PM

Lif in TV would be much better if..............we could sell our house and move down there!! Sorry, I know it was a more serious question but I couldn't resist it. It just shows how desperate I am to get there. It'll happen I know but I want it NOW!

rballruss 09-15-2007 08:53 PM

.....they had a racquetball or squash facility.

cleanwater 09-15-2007 09:29 PM

More and better golf practice facilities for chipping, pitching and putting with traps. For a golf community there is very few practice areas.

Lucko 09-15-2007 09:53 PM

they had a gooood pizza.....a good thin crust and a good pan pizza. No, I don't want to go back into the business, but I clearly see the need.

vitacr 09-15-2007 10:01 PM

A large fabric/craft store - e.g. JoAnnes, Michaels, etc.- I'm tired of going to Ocala. Also a Pollo Tropical Restaurant. It's the best "fast-food" type I've had. The closest one is in Altamonte Springs.
:-*

ripwho 09-15-2007 11:51 PM

agree with cleanwater.... a good golf practice area (or all types of shots) would put a ribbon on a fine place!

nitehawk 09-16-2007 08:19 AM

A White Castle

bamafan 09-16-2007 08:29 AM

My wife & I would like a fitness center that you do not have to pay an arm & a leg for. Should be included with amenity fee. I on the other hand also agree that more golf practice facilities ie: Ranges would be nice with free
range balls for all also included in amenity fee that is at a lifetime rate not to exceed $130.

jjdees 09-16-2007 09:20 AM

Shopping at Costco is like shopping anywhere else. You have to know your prices, shop wisely, and don't overspend. Costco has excellent meat products, and for the most part, you can save money shopping there.

ripwho 09-16-2007 09:45 AM

bama - right on! this would move ahead on my list instead of enhanced golf practice area!! Good idea....