Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Chat Room.... (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/chat-room-9761/)

Donna 09-20-2007 03:17 PM

Chat Room....

There are so many people on this site, why are there always the same few in the chat room?

Is it that people are unfamiliar with chat rooms. or are they nervous they cannot type fast?

I would like to hear some of the reasons..

It's a fun place to visit at night.. :bigthumbsup:

rdkent 09-20-2007 03:54 PM

Re: Chat Room....

My main reason has been that the chat room only seems to get busy later in the evening. I've had trouble staying up for it. However, a week ago I started on a CPAP machine for sleep apnea, and am amazed to find I suddenly have some energy again. Even watched Monday nite football all the way through this week. Maybe I'll start hitting the chat room.

Ron

Fallchicks2 09-21-2007 06:57 PM

My timing must be off. Every time I check out the chat room, I am the only one there! :(

zcaveman 09-21-2007 07:48 PM

They need something up where the View New Posts, etc line is to show how many are in the Chat room. That way we would not waste our time going there for nothing.

judylou 09-21-2007 09:23 PM

I would love to join in but I have never done it before and don't really know how to type what I want to say. If anyone could give me advice I would love to chat.

The Great Fumar 09-21-2007 09:40 PM

Chat rooms are fun...my problem is not the typing speed, The problem is I can't think that fast...........whoe is me.....

nONIE 09-22-2007 09:59 AM

hey great fumer,I have the same problem, slow thinker and slow typist but I gave it a try and found the few people in there very friendly and very willing to be patient with my lack of speed! give it a try I think you'll be pleased! :bigthumbsup:

nONIE 09-22-2007 10:07 AM

hi judylou, Just jump right in there and type exactly like you did on your post, thats all there is to it! Im new at it also and I would love to talk to you. once you do it a couple of times you realize it isnt as difficult as it seems. after 9 o'clock is the busiest time, in the evening that is. come on in tonight so we can talk o.k?

nONIE 09-22-2007 10:14 AM

Donna, thanks for putting this post out there. Its something Ive been meaning to do. I have a feeling we will see a few more people in the chat room now, at least hoping! :bigthumbsup:

handieman 09-22-2007 01:08 PM

Last night I saw the most ever new chatters in the chat room :bigthumbsup:
It was great joking around and sharing stories. For those who are new to chatting, not to worry just sit and watch us make fools of ourselves and then you will not be able to resist joining us. Slow type-rs take heart you can type your comment all out and when you hit enter or send it will look like you just blurted it out ;D
Please join us its becoming a lot of fun, educational and a great way to make new friends. Donna and village 07 never met anyone as crazy as I. All kidding aside, were good friends (I think)
Handie :joke:

Donna 09-22-2007 03:45 PM

All newbies to chat rooms..They are a lot of fun and not as hard as you might think..

Just type in the bottom box and hit enter(key board) or hit the send button, on the right side of the box..If we see some one in there and not typing we usually tell them what to do..

Come in and try it..It is very addicting.. ;D

Kitria 09-22-2007 07:27 PM

On the home page down in the bottom right hand corner there is a box that is headed Chat Room...and how many are in it at the moment you are viewing.

Already have that in place..don't need one on the forum page.

Just so's ya know. *winks*

Irish Rover 09-22-2007 08:21 PM

Hey. the fprom is also primarily used by ten or twelve people. The chat room never has anyone on line when I try it. Maybe a hot daily topic and a specific time to sign on might might help. :)

ouma1938 09-23-2007 04:47 AM

I have only been in the chat room once, a couple of nights ago. It was great fun but I am travelling now so been unable to do muich with TOTV or the Chat Room. I am actually in TV now, (yea!) as I pass through on my way South. Only here for one day (sob) but I really feel like I've "come home". Can't wait until I sell my house and am really home.

sanditoes 10-05-2007 03:18 PM

Me, too! Do you think anyone is ever there? ;D