Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   ATMs in TV (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/atms-tv-9812/)

henryconnie 09-25-2007 11:55 AM

ATMs in TV

:dontknow: How come all the ATMs at the Postal Stations are Citizen's ? Why not different ones at each Postal Station? With so many new banks coming in, why not?

Avista 09-25-2007 12:02 PM

Re: ATMs in TV

Because The Villages owns Citizen's Bank. At least that is what has been told to me.
We keep a Citizen's card to get stamps at the ATM's.

We do most of our banking at Sun Trust. They are building a new bank and ATM on 466A, have one on 466 and in the 466 Walmart.

nanci2539 09-26-2007 07:43 AM

Sun Trust vs Citizen - which is a better bank to do business with?

Avista 09-26-2007 12:31 PM

They're both probably equally good. Reason we are with Sun Trust is that we have been with them over 10 years, and didn't want the hassle of a change. Like you said Citizens has alll those ATM's and a million banks here in The Villages.,

Taltarzac 09-26-2007 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avista
They're both probably equally good. Reason we are with Sun Trust is that we have been with them over 10 years, and didn't want the hassle of a change. Like you said Citizens has alll those ATM's and a million banks here in The Villages.,

You could always have more than one bank? Citizens for some things, Sun Trust for others?

zcaveman 09-26-2007 07:43 PM

When I moved here I went with Citizens First Bank because they were in town when I was checking things out. I have had no problems or complaints about them. The employees are helpful and friendly. They have safety deposit boxes and good interest rates on the checking accounts. Using the ATMs at the mail stops are free.

And they have free apples when you go into the bank.

pgilson 09-27-2007 08:28 AM

Also popcorn! :)

garsha 09-29-2007 04:47 PM

Citizens is awesome! I have never been treated so nicely. The one in Sumter encourages you to bring your dog with you. I will probably still use my Credit Union for my pension to be dumped into and auto pay bills and transfer spending money to Citizens for my in person, local bank. Seems like a winner for convenience and service.

Barefoot 09-29-2007 05:30 PM

Free apples, popcorn and bring your dog .. priceless. :bigthumbsup:
We've been dealing with Citizens for six months. Had a "systems glitch" as our statements are mailed to our Canadian address and we therefore had difficulty using their online bill payment. They worked on a fix for three days and finally tweaked something that now allows us to pay all our bills online from Canada. So far, they've been just great.

mike1946 10-01-2007 09:47 AM

They also (Citizens) have a cash back credit card that gives you money back on credit card purchases - I'm a BRIT and getting a USA credit card has been an experience !!! Most people want a Social Security Numbers ...Citizens after a bit of persuasion gave me a credit card on the back of three credit reports from the 3 main credit reporting agencies in the UK ...they do go out of their way to try to help out !!!

Bank of America would only give me a card if I deposited a $10,000 bond with lousy interest....Oh Yeah !! I think not !!

eujaynia 10-01-2007 10:07 AM

I, too, opened an account with Citizens First Bank (Sumter Landing) when we closed in March. I actually like it better than the bank I've had here up North for 18 years! I don't have a ton of $$s at Citizen's, but compared to my bank here (where I feel I do have a substantial amount of $$s), they treat me like I have a million bucks with them. THAT is priceless! And a lot of my $$s will be going to them once I am there full-time.

Thataway! Kick that other bank in the shins! *LOL* I'm going to pick up my toys & go somewhere else to play!

With all that funny-stuff said, I highly recommend CFB, as well.

Rebekah
(eujaynia)