Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Retired at last! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/retired-last-9851/)

Peggy D 09-29-2007 08:18 PM

Retired at last!

Well, it finally happened, I RETIRED!! By choice. 20 yrs as a respiratory therapist in a inner-city hospital is enough, I think. Hubby retired last year. We are now Beach Bums (living at the beautiful Delaware shore), but sooo want to be "Village People".

Very happy, but know we will be happier in TV

Just waiting for the house to sell.....

Peggy

JUREK 09-29-2007 10:42 PM

Re: Retired at last!

:bigthumbsup: Good Luck Peggy D

ripwho 09-30-2007 07:32 AM

peggyd - good decision.. the sooner the better for retirement.. hopefully it's emails like yours that will get me to pull the trigger... how much TV 'analysis' have you done so far? buy used? buy new... what 'villages' you interested in? those are my 2 questions to answer..

Donna 09-30-2007 08:33 AM

Best of luck, Peggy!! ;D :beer3: :clap2: :hot:

ZMAN 09-30-2007 10:33 AM

:clap2: Best of Luck Peggy D; I am located just North of you in South Jesey and will retire as soon as my home sells. At that point we will become Village people :hot: :beer2:

golfnut 09-30-2007 11:06 AM

Great news, best of luck Peggy, ENJOY.

patfinn 09-30-2007 11:33 AM

Peggy,

The good life begins. Congratulations!

Pat

nhsnowbird 09-30-2007 11:55 AM

Peggy, I spent many summers at the Delaware Shore. Congratulations on your retirement ... it's been a little over two years for me and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Good luck on your quest to be a Villager!

Pat

Peggy D 09-30-2007 07:14 PM

Thanks everyone for your good wishes.

Ripwho

Visited TV last Oct on the lifestyle preview. Hubby has always wanted to move to FL. Told him he needed to give me a reason--need I say more!!

This site has been so imformative. Everyone has been great answering ?? We plan on visiting again in April and will put this house up for sale then (seasonal, you know)

The beach is beautiful but in the summer...tourists...pretty ugly. Kinda like TV snowbird invasion, only worst--
people in bathing suits everywhere!!

Peggy

ouma1938 09-30-2007 10:51 PM

Congrats Peggy. Its the start of a whole new wonderful life for you and I am sure that once you move to TV it will be terrific. We are also looking to become Villagers as soon as we can, but like you I think our best bet for selling the house is going to be early Spring. We live on lake Keowee in South Carolina, and it always shows better in the spring and summer. That's when people who want to retire to affordable lakefront property come down looking and are serious about buying. Maybe we will all move to TV at about the same time.

Peggy D 10-01-2007 12:55 AM

Omua1938

I agree with you. Whenever there is water property for sale, most of the time it becomes a seasonal thing.
Ours is not right ON the beach, but 2 miles from it. This has become a big resort area and a nice place to retire--many have done so due to the taxes (so low you'll think I'm nuts for wanting to leave) but it's not my style.

Wouln't that be great if we got down to TV around the same time!?!

Hope so

Peggy