Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Reputable place to buy tires and get car gone over (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/reputable-place-buy-tires-get-car-gone-over-9873/)

ejp52 10-01-2007 08:10 PM

Reputable place to buy tires and get car gone over

Looking for place to have wife's car looked at to make sure everything mechanical is good to go,plus need 4 new tires.
Any recommendations would be appreciated.
TIA ;D

chuckster 10-01-2007 08:31 PM

Re: Reputable place to buy tires and get car gone over

There's a new Goodyear tire store and service center next to Home Depot on 441 south of rolling acres road. Treated me well recently, just like service I was accustomed to before moving to villages. Try them, you'll like them.

zcaveman 10-01-2007 08:35 PM

Tire Roundup in Lady Lake did a great job for me with tires. I found one down to the steel belt and had to get to the hospital the next day to see my wife and they took off the bad one and put on a loaner so I could get to the hostital and the next day they replaced all four tires withut a charge for the extra work. I would go back to them in a minute.

As far as the mechanical checkout, I think that they do it also but I am not sure.. There is also Hilton Automotive on 441/27 in Marion county off of rt 42.

PJ 10-01-2007 10:18 PM

I recommend Tri-County Automotive. I've used them several times, mainly for oil changes, brakes, and safety checks. I believe they are trustworthy, and have been good at diagnosing problems that I had no clue about.

Last time I went in for an oil change, on a Friday, the day before I was planning to drive to VA, (ok I know I shouldn't do that at the last minute!!) They discovered that my right front CV axle boot was ripped. The danger with that is that the grease needed to make it functional would fly out when I drive it, and also water can enter it and ruin my ability to steer, so, as he said “we don't know when it will go, but you’ll be stranded when it completely goes”. So it was a no-brainer -- I had to get that fixed. They were booked up, but sent me to one of their associates a few blocks away, who fixed it that afternoon. I was so glad they noticed it, and felt much safer leaving on my trip the next morning.

I think they don't do tires there, but I think they partner with/recommend a nearby tire place, but I'm not sure of the name. It may be Tire Roundup.

Tri-County Automotive
13575 U.S. Hwy 441
Lady Lake, FL, 32159
352-753-5400

Taltarzac 10-02-2007 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PJ
I recommend Tri-County Automotive. I've used them several times, mainly for oil changes, brakes, and safety checks. I believe they are trustworthy, and have been good at diagnosing problems that I had no clue about.

Tri-County Automotive
13575 U.S. Hwy 441
Lady Lake, FL, 32159
352-753-5400

Agree, that Tri-County Automotive is trustworthy and are good at diagnosing problems. :bigthumbsup:

Pete 10-02-2007 01:53 PM

I Reccomend Sumter Tire in Wildwood, Larry Williams is a native of Sumter County and doesn't try to sell you something you don't need. Usually no appt. needed for the small stuff.

ejp52 10-04-2007 09:41 PM

Thanks everyone for the replies,I'll check them out. :bigthumbsup:

F16 1UB 10-05-2007 07:22 AM

This will give you an idea of prices.

Steve

http://www.tirerack.com/installer/In...2162&x=52&y=16

zcaveman 10-05-2007 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F16 1UB
This will give you an idea of prices.

Steve

http://www.tirerack.com/installer/In...2162&x=52&y=16

Strange that Tire Roundup does not show up. I even changed the zip to 32159. I wonder if this is one of those solicited sites where you pay to get your name on the list (like some of the restaurant sections in the magazines)?

RayB 10-13-2007 08:16 PM

I just got done analyzing, visiting locations, shopping on internet, and getting quotes on four new tires for my Honda Element. I reallly put some time into this and was glad I did. What a difference in price on comparable quality tires. I purchased the tires from Sumter Tire and Auto in Wildwood and I would highly recommend this place. It doesn't look much on the the outside but what service I received. It actually is a big operation once you get inside. The owner, Larry Williams, was excellent. He gave me a price on comparable quality tires to my OEM tires on my Honda which was a total price fifty dollars less than the same four tires available from Wal-Mart. and three hundred dollars less than the price I was quoted from the Goodyear dealer next to the Home Depot on hwy 27/441. He got the tires in the next day, I went down to get them mounted that same day and I was out of there in less than one hour. Goodyear not only quoted a similar tire for fifty dollars more per tire put then added $6.50 each for new valve stems, $31.90 each for parts and labor for lifetime wheel balance, $6.00 each for scrap tire disposal, $2.00 each for waste tire tax. Larry Williams at Sumter Tire include all of this in his one single price per tire. I would highly recomment Sumter Tire on 301 in Wildwood.

Lindyb 11-09-2007 04:47 PM

Very pleased with Sumter Tire on 301 just north of 466A. Had screw in tire this week. They looked at it on the spot, determined the screw in fact did not go thru the tire, put tire back on, put our spare back under the car & sent us on our way......NO CHARGE !!!! We'll be back.

drdodge 11-18-2007 03:37 PM

Cindy Chevolet on rte 44 east in wildwood
drd

chuckinca 11-19-2007 11:44 PM

tire places do tires -

Check out my comments on the Auto AC thread for auto mechanical repairs and inspections.

66vetter 05-27-2013 09:37 PM

I have used Sumter Tire on 301 in Wildwood and agree with RayB above.
All three times I have used them I have received great services at good rates

tainsley 05-28-2013 06:16 AM

SAMs Club