Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Wellness centers? What and how much (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/wellness-centers-what-how-much-9895/)

jmkohm 10-04-2007 07:22 AM

Wellness centers? What and how much

I've searched the forum and it sounds like there are wellness/fitness facilities in TV, but there are no details. A search of the WWW has nothing.

I'm looking for a facility with a full complement of nautilus type equipment and free weights, lockers and showers. Are there places available in TV? How many? What do they cost (daily / annual) (resident / guest)? Any thing available without cost (included in amenities fee)?

TIA. Great site, lots of info.
jmk

JUREK 10-04-2007 09:57 AM

Re: Wellness centers? What and how much

There are at least 2 facilities that allow you to pay by visit. Each visit is $5 . They have plenty of Nautilus type equipment plus some free weights, No showers facilities, also plenty of treadmills and such. The wellness centre has all this plus locker and shower facilities. I don't remember the cost but roughly $1k per year.
I'm sure other readers have more info than I do. I've been a gym rat my whole life and I could get a good workout in the satelite places. Good Luck. :dontknow: :dontknow:

DickY 10-04-2007 10:22 AM

I know the wellness center has several different membership options with a years full membership about $660. The other 3 centers are about half the price. I'm not sure if they are residents only. They are not included in the amenity fee.

JUREK 10-04-2007 10:46 AM

Dicky : Do you know the names of the three? I didn't know about the third one. I've been using I believe Mallory and the one way up north once or twice. Also looks like they may have lowered the price on Wellness center. I last checked almost 2 years ago.
:dontknow: :dontknow:

DickY 10-04-2007 11:23 AM

Colony Cottage I believe is the other one. I have the brochures at home so I can't reference them now. The wellness Center is attached to the Villages Medical Center.

jjdees 10-04-2007 01:34 PM

The last time I was in the Wellness Center which was in May, the prices were as follows;
General membership
6 month - $354 for one, $648 for a couple
12 month, $567 for one, $999 for a couple
Matinee membership (Time restricted)
1 month- $55 single, $102 couple
3 month- $149/276
6 month- $249/468
12 month- $410/730
Twilight membership
$96.30 per person

villages07 10-04-2007 02:52 PM

The 3 fitness centers are at the following Regional Rec Centers: Mulberry Grove (far North), Laurel Manor (466/central), and Colony Cottage (466A/far south). They have a full array of equipment, have adjoining sports pools that have showers. I know the per day fee is approx $5; not sure about the monthly, semi annual, or annual memberships.

JUREK 10-04-2007 03:10 PM

Thanks for the replies: You guys are the greatest. I had a memory loss when I said I use Mallory . I had just PM some fine people I met there on last trip. I am going to check the latest one out along with the new prices at Wellness Center. :#1: :#1:

villager99 10-04-2007 03:52 PM

wellness center/ gym has the only indoor pool in the villages and apparently the second planned wellness center out at 466a will be built without a pool.

zcaveman 10-04-2007 08:17 PM

I use Mallory at $45 a month. There are Quarterly and other prices but I do a month on and a month off. They have Nautilus and free weights and running machines, etc. The sports pool is next door. The other Rec center exercise rooms are the same.