Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Mileage (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/mileage-9910/)

BETHPAGE BLACK 10-04-2007 06:50 PM

Mileage

Just getting a new electric golf cart next week and understand with a new cart I will have to be cautious about it holding a full charge for awhile. Im concerned about scheduling my tee times and still have "enough juice". If I traveled from the Truman golf course to Herron golfed at Herron 9 holes, got over to Palmer for a class Im taking (full swing) then back to Truman..(thats where I live) Will I make it.? Not sure how many miles I can go..ANyone with any input..I will certainly appreciate it....

villages07 10-04-2007 07:07 PM

Re: Mileage

zx....I'll bet that trip you laid out isn't any more than 10-12 miles, well within the range of an electric cart; should be able to do 30-40 miles with no sweat. Not to worry.

zcaveman 10-04-2007 07:54 PM

You should get about 50 miles per charge. I have never had a problem with going out to play golf and then going to Spanish Springs square and back (10 miles).

I plug the charger in when I am at home and leave it until the next outing - which is usually the next day - plus I use the cart for store trips (2-3 miles to the stores).

The Great Fumar 10-04-2007 10:36 PM

ZXLBB
NOT TO WORRY....THATS ABOUT 12 MILES AND I HAVE A CART WITH 4 YR, OLD BATTERIES AND I STILL GET ABOUT THIRTY MILES TO A CHARGE..........
HOWEVER SOMETHING TO KEEP IN MIND , A FEW YEARS AGO I HAD A CESSNA AIRPLANE THAT WE PUT AN ELECTRIC MOTOR IN AND IT WAS TERRIFIC , NO MORE WORRYING ABOUT AVIATION GASOLINE , HOWEVER THE DOWNSIDE WAS IT HAD A 15 MILE EXTENSION CORD....... just a thought........

ripwho 10-05-2007 07:38 AM

'fumar' - thanks for your info... it appears then that with an electric/battery cart, your miles per charge goes down over some timeline? should the rule then be 'replace batteries' every x-months? x- years? I would love to committ to an electric cart but with gas I'm probably good to go for a decade!

BETHPAGE BLACK 10-05-2007 03:19 PM

Thanks everyone for the information about the mileage I will be using going from one golf course to another and home etc.. Really appreciate your posts. All the same if anyone spots a new blue Yamaha that is one a road and not moving at all..please stop say hi and introduce yourself......

dandt 10-05-2007 06:10 PM

And remember, with electric power, you don't stink up the neighborhood nor do you make so much noise!

bamafan 10-05-2007 07:43 PM

Just a thought. When we were looking for a cart last week we too have the problem, gas or electric. One of the dealers told us that 66% of the carts he is selling are now gas.

darbyduff 10-05-2007 08:05 PM

Hey "Bam" (If I maybe so bold)

When you get around to a golf cart - Boy do I recommend Golf Cart Connection! We must have run into 6-7 people that turned us on to them. Everyone seems to sing their praises. Best service (they come to your home to service your cart) Product is outstanding and the price is really fair. Wait till you see my "kick :edit:" red gas, Ron bought an electric one. We'll see which one we'll use most but living in Duval, we thought we would need gas if we were traveling around on the north side a lot.