Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   SIGNED, SEALED, DELIVERED - I'M YOURS!! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/signed-sealed-delivered-im-yours-9928/)

darbyduff 10-05-2007 07:21 PM

SIGNED, SEALED, DELIVERED - I'M YOURS!!

Hey everyone - I made it! Darbyduff has entered the building!!!!!

After 4 L O N G days of driving with two small (but really good dogs) we made it!!

We've been in our Duval home 1 week!!!! Now remember when I said I was having a party at my home???? Unpacking party????? Well, where were you???? :dontknow:

We finally got unpacked, got the computer up and running and are ready to PARTY!!!!

First - to all of you out there who have been following my saga "Burying St Joseph", The Villa question etc...... It has been a great ride and I thank you all for your prayers and best wishes!!

AND most importantly .... I lied when I said no one came to my opening boxes party. 3 of you stopped by, introduced yourself, saw the boxes and ran like :edit:

First BAMA! Hey guy.. I loved meeting you and your wife!!!! I wish you would pop over again when I'm not so dirty, busy etc and the four of us can visit!!!!!

VILLAGES 07....You, my dear lady, are a dream! It was sooo much fun meeting you and your husband. Wish we had more time but sharing a beer and stories was great fun!

And ENGLISH IVY... It was really nice that you stopped by to say hi! Please come back so we can talk more.

I missed not being on the board and promise I'll be better now that the house is looking better. :bigthumbsup:

Bought 2 golf carts today - Gas for me - Club Car at the Golf Connection - Bright Red!!!
and my husband ordered an Electric one. Navy with orange pin stripes and the front will say BRONCOS (What did you expect....GATERS???) :o

And to those that are burying St Joseph....I read that someone said back yard??? I never heard of that. Only the front!

I can't remember who was curious about walking their dog but I walk mine twice a day and there is no problem. I of course pick up after them and so far no one has given me dirty looks. :bigthumbsup:

So a big HI from "sunny" (It has been raining like :edit: :edit: :edit: since we've been here! But we couldn't be happier. ;D ;D

bamafan 10-05-2007 07:39 PM

Re: SIGNED, SEALED, DELIVERED - I'M YOURS!!

Darby D, left you a message in termite post. Glad you are up and running again Ann & I are back in Alabama. Will be back in 3 weeks Oct 24th, and will definitely come by. Maybe we can go to Cane Garden or somewhere to eat. Send me your email add. You still have my card?
We really enjoyed meeting you and husband. And you looked marveeeeelous

PJ 10-05-2007 07:44 PM

Congrats DD, and welcome home!!

Congrats also on the new Club Car! In bright red! Mine is red too, and also from Golf Cart Connection. You'll have a blast in it! I'll watch for you at the town square! (Maybe when it stops raining! LOL)

Enjoy!

darbyduff 10-05-2007 07:54 PM

Hey Bama!!!!!!!!

Kept the card!!! Framed it!!!!!! and pay homage to it every night!!!!!

Cane Gardens it is!!!!!!!! E-mail is: Darbyduff11@hotmail.com

Now, solve my husbands drinking problem (see liquor post) and we're yours!!!

Hey P.J. Can't wait to meet up!!!! We can have cart race's in the sq!!!!!!

villages07 10-05-2007 07:56 PM

DD...Good to see you got the 'puter back up and running...a sure sign of getting organized and settled in.

We, too, enjoyed meeting you, hubby, and the two pooches. Your 'real' personality is as engaging as your online self. Welcome to your paradise....when it stops raining, you'll be able to buzz about town in your golf cart. No better way to get around.

See you on the square!!!

Villages07

PJ 10-05-2007 08:02 PM

DD-
A drag-race with our golf carts at the square! I love that idea! LOLOL

And maybe that cute lil cart with the pretend sheriff's seal can try to catch us and give us a ticket! What fun!

bogart 10-05-2007 08:07 PM

Glad to hear you, hubby and mutts made the long trip safely. Are you all Rockies fans? They've awesome! We may have to get our Ohio State golf cart (bought from Ohio State fans) painted purple and black. We like the Broncos but right now, the Rockies are our TEAM!

Tell the rain gods to stop before we arrive on the 19th. Hopefully, we'll be watching the Rockies in the World Series in The Villages --- WOW!

darbyduff 10-05-2007 08:11 PM

PJ

You know what they say about red cars....Those mean ole boys will give us a ticket just for standing still!!!

Villages 07 - let's get a golf game together (the 4 of us) sometime. Since you and my husband are pro's we could be evenly matched! lol

darbyduff 10-05-2007 08:15 PM

HI BOGART!

I heard they don't say OCTOBER in Colorado any more they say ROCKTOBER!

We watched the games down here!!! (Bought the big dish esp for Broncos and Rockies)

If they are still playing when you get here....You guys are coming over to our place to watch the game!!! No question!!!!!!!

English Ivy 10-06-2007 09:25 AM

I wanted you to have all the fun of unpacking those boxes yourself, just the way all of us had to do! Didn't want to take that away from you. Also enjoyed meeting you and I'm sure we'll see you around Duval.

By the way, glad you went to Golf Cart Connections. That's where we got our cart and have been very pleased with their service.

:welcome:

bogart 10-06-2007 10:17 AM

Thanks for the invitation. Big games at Coors Field tonight................and maybe tomorrow but I think we're going to take the Phillies in three, ie ending it tonight!!!

GO ROCKIES ! :2excited: