Another reason to watch the US Open

Closed Thread
Old 06-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach
Default Another reason to watch the US Open

I live on a lake in NW Missouri, about an hour from Kansas City. The nearest town is Gallatin, a sleepy county seat town of about 2,000. I coached in Gallatin in the late 60s and early 70s, and that was one reason we decided to settle there in 2003. I belong to the local golf club, which is proud of the 3 state high school golf championship teams from GHS in the early 2000s. One of the standout players on those teams was Brice Garnett, coached by his father Tom - mother Nancy runs the concession / pro shop at the club, and I am friends with the family. All that as a prelude to why I am more excited than usual for the US Open next week - Brice qualified with a 65-66 yesterday at Springfield Ohio. Brice has been playing professionally on the mini tours for about the last five years and made the Nationwide tour as a regular this year. Brice is unmarried (unless you count golf as his spouse), and still lives with his parents between tour stops. If you haven't got a favorite to root for, then I submit you root for this small town long-shot to at least, make the cut.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:45 PM
Gold member

How exciting! We will be rooting for Brice for sure!
Old 06-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Can't wait!

I'll get out my pom-poms for Brice.....Yea!
Old 06-05-2012, 02:30 PM

I will do just that. GO BRICE!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.