Darren Clarke smoking at The Open

Closed Thread
Old 07-17-2011, 03:18 PM
Default Darren Clarke smoking at The Open

He undoubtedly played great golf but it really turned me off to see Darren Clarke smoking on one of the fairways at The Open and throwing his cigarette butt in the grass. Times are changing and it seems totally inappropriate to me to allow players to smoke during a professional golf tournament. Allan.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:28 PM
Default Darren Clark

Yea, and baseball players shouldn't chew tobacco either, Well done Darren! I think he played wonderfully.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:25 PM

He's European, the tourney was in another country that doesn't have to conform to Americas way of doing things. I was surprised when I saw it but im sure over there its no big deal.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:55 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

John Daly smokes like a chimney at golf tournaments both here and abroad.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:32 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowleesCreekYachtClub View Post
He undoubtedly played great golf but it really turned me off to see Darren Clarke smoking on one of the fairways at The Open and throwing his cigarette butt in the grass. Times are changing and it seems totally inappropriate to me to allow players to smoke during a professional golf tournament. Allan.
Was his smoke bothering you? Yes times are changing and personally I believe some issues have gone way too far. I'm curious, do you happen to par-take in happy hour? If so, do you enjoy that glass of wine or whatever your pleasure is? Well I'll bet Darren Clarke enjoyed that cigarette and good for him.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydee View Post
Was his smoke bothering you? Yes times are changing and personally I believe some issues have gone way too far. I'm curious, do you happen to par-take in happy hour? If so, do you enjoy that glass of wine or whatever your pleasure is? Well I'll bet Darren Clarke enjoyed that cigarette and good for him.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowleesCreekYachtClub View Post
WOW Some people have to much time on their hands
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.