Did Justin Thomas win or did Lee Westwood lose the Players

Closed Thread
Old 03-16-2021, 06:09 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,753 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown132 View Post
I would love to finish first loser every week. At the end of the season putting $25M or more in my pocket I really would not feel like much of a loser.
Me 2.
I think he earned $2.7mil in two week.
That's why he was smiling all week.
Old 03-16-2021, 07:01 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

JT won period end of story.
Old 03-16-2021, 07:09 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
JT won period end of story.
Yep...and no matter how you look at it monetarily, Westwood is the first loser
Old 03-17-2021, 06:31 PM

Tiger would always talk about his plan to just stay in the hunt all weekend. You have to do well all weekend even if you are not doing great because you never know what will happen. Golf over 4 days is a lot like playoffs in other sports. Anyone or team can have a few great days but over time the best usually wins.
Old 03-18-2021, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown132 View Post
I would love to finish first loser every week. At the end of the season putting $25M or more in my pocket I really would not feel like much of a loser.
You have a very different attitude than professional golfers whose goal it is to be the best in the world. The money for most of the top players is secondary. Do you think that Rory Mcllroy is going to be happy with second place prize money in the Masters?

For those of you that don't know, Rory has won the other three majors. A win in the Masters would make him only the sixth player in history to have won all four majors in their career. He'd give away the first place check if he knew that he would win. Rory will make over $200 million from his Nike endorsement alone. He earns on average $50 million a year from playing golf. Do you think that the half million dollar difference between first and second means anything to him?

Yes, many of us would be thrilled to win $25 million in a season but the top golfers in the world today are not interested in another million or two by finishing second. But Tiger Woods is a billionaire. His goal was to beat Jack Nicklaus' record of 18 majors and he's not going to do that. The money if great but I'm sure that he give half of it away for five more majors.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-18-2021, 09:58 AM

well, Justin is the media darling, isn't he.... he mumbles a homophobic, slur and gets a media pass. nothing to see here, move along, and his family was watching the telecast also
Patrick reed gets an officials ruling, no penalty committed, the rules official on television exonerated him, and said no penalty, but the network announcers continued to howl about his cheating for the entire show. and also his family was watching the telecast also.... this happened about a month ago
I mean, where is the liberal outrage? it is called "double standard". this is the standard for America today.
Closed Thread

Tags
westwood, lee, week, thomas, rooting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.