Golf ....to hell in a handbasket!

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2017, 07:34 AM
Default Golf ....to hell in a handbasket!

Wow, what's the story??? Lexi T gets the boot due to a viewer...4 stroke penalty! Where did they come up with that??? "4 strokes"
Today in the Village Daily Sun, sports, a picture, rather large, may I add, shows a gentleman with his long putter, getting ready for the Putting Challenge....I thought that this long style putter was declared illegal???
WHAT'S NEXT?
Old 04-04-2017, 07:53 AM

Long putter still legal providing it is not anchored to the body. Bernhard Langer still uses it on the Champions Tour. As for the Lexi thing, pure garbage. What other sport can a viewer call in to enforce a rule?
Old 04-04-2017, 11:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGolf View Post
Long putter still legal providing it is not anchored to the body. Bernhard Langer still uses it on the Champions Tour. As for the Lexi thing, pure garbage. What other sport can a viewer call in to enforce a rule?
Understanding Rule 14-1b-2

The Lexi Thompson incident is quite complex and an interesting discussion of what happened can be found here.

Lexi Thompson Assessed 4 Stroke Penalty, Loses Championship in Playoff!
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

Tags
long, putter, gentleman, large, add

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.