Hmmm! Have I mentioned. I'm a jordan Spieth fan b4

Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2021, 08:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Why do you have such a hard time giving credit where it is due?
Sheesh.
He won the tournament. I give him credit for that. He's been in the hunt for the past several weeks and obviously have been making a comeback. But he hasn't been able to seal the deal until this week.

And to put things into perspective, this was a very weak field. Only two of the top 25 played in OWGR were there. Most of the best players took a week off between the WGC Championship and The Masters.

I never said that he couldn't hit woods are irons. Everyone on the PGA tour is a great ball striker relative to the rest of the world. But compared to other PGA tour players his ball striking is not all that great and he relies a lot more on his short game and putting.

He is 151 in strokes gain off the tee. He's 17th on strokes gained around the green. Compared to other PGA Tour players, he's not a great driver of the ball but he's excellent at getting it up and down.

He's currently 44th in putting but when he was winning, he was number one in strokes gained putting. When those 30 footers stopped going in, he stopped winning.

When player that relies that much on making long putts, eventually it will catch up to him.

I give him a lot of credit for working hard to improve his ball striking. His iron game is much better than it was when he was winning everything.

But I do agree somewhat with Mike234. He does seem to be a bit self centered and whiney on the course. But in interviews, he always credits his team which I admire. The media obviously loves him because he's always honest with them and gives great interviews.

I'm glad that he won again but I'm not ready to jump on the "Speith is back" bandwagon. Let's see how he does in the future.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 04-05-2021, 08:28 AM

[QUOTE=Dr Winston O Boogie jr;1926381]Yup, he finally closed the deal. Of course, it helped that no one made a serious run, but that's often he case.

Charley Hoffman was making a run at Jordan late in the round and Jordan answered everyone of the challenges. Shooting -6 in final round for first win in over 3 years isn't to shabby.
You must be a Patrick Reed or Kutcher fan.
Old 04-05-2021, 08:43 AM
Default Congrats to Jordan!

I enjoy watching Jordan, seems like a good guy. Glad to see him in the winners circle. It's tough to win on the PGA.
Old 04-05-2021, 09:45 AM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Yup, he finally closed the deal. Of course, it helped that no one made a serious run, but that's often he case.

I was more impressed with what Patty Tavatanakit did with Lydia Ko nipping at her heels by shooting ten under in the final round of a major.
You don’t think Charlie Johnson made a serious run?
Old 04-05-2021, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
maybe this is the week. Hope so.
Your (and my)wish came true!
Old 04-05-2021, 09:50 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
You don’t think Charlie Johnson made a serious run?
Hoffman.
Old 04-05-2021, 10:36 AM
Sage

Yes, Charlie Hoffman did make a bit of a run but he also missed several putts that could have put heat on Speith.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 04-05-2021, 10:38 AM
Sage

[QUOTE=Buckeye Bob;1926458]
Quote:
Yup, he finally closed the deal. Of course, it helped that no one made a serious run, but that's often he case.

Charley Hoffman was making a run at Jordan late in the round and Jordan answered everyone of the challenges. Shooting -6 in final round for first win in over 3 years isn't to shabby.
You must be a Patrick Reed or Kutcher fan.
I'm a fan of professional golf. I don't "root" or "pull" for or against any player.

Yes, Jordan Speith played well and won the tournament. I give him a lot of credit for working on and improving his weaknesses.

Old 04-05-2021, 11:46 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Regardless of how strong the field was, Jordan shot 6 under on the final day, while the entire world was aware of how far he had fallen since his heyday. Talk about a lot of additional pressure. He deserves all the accolades he is getting and those who want to try and knock him down because of his current rankings in any individual category, simply comes across as petty criticism IMHO.
Old 04-05-2021, 01:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
Regardless of how strong the field was, Jordan shot 6 under on the final day, while the entire world was aware of how far he had fallen since his heyday. Talk about a lot of additional pressure. He deserves all the accolades he is getting and those who want to try and knock him down because of his current rankings in any individual category, simply comes across as petty criticism IMHO.
Well said and I agree.
Old 04-05-2021, 01:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
I'm not criticizing him. In fact if you read my posts you'll see that I congratulate him for improving his weaknesses.

It was a great victory for him. I just try to put a bit or perspective on it.

Old 04-05-2021, 02:43 PM

Put him on the clock. Way too slow
Old 04-05-2021, 05:03 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh
Default Jordon speith

Quote:

I was more impressed with what Patty Tavatanakit did with Lydia Ko nipping at her heels by shooting ten under in the final round of a major.
You mean Charlie Hoffman didn’t make a serious run

Last edited by Fredman; 04-05-2021 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Duplicate post
Old 04-05-2021, 06:21 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
You mean Charlie Hoffman didn’t make a serious run
Old 04-06-2021, 09:44 AM
Veteran member

Lets go VJ --- over or under how many time Tiger is mentioned Over 200 for day one
Closed Thread

Tags
hmmm, hope, week, fan, spieth

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.